cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by member in AAO shows all attributes - How to Avoid it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have bex queries where we have Material and Customer in the output and users run this report on AA for Office.

During navigation they would like to filter by member on material or customer.

By default the setting on Material is set to show values from master data (in bex designer). This is to avoid delay in the showing the filter as other wise it would have to scan thru the whole info provider to bring up the values.

While doing this we see a big spike in the memory consumption on the local RAM by excel (from 100mb to 1gb) just for showing the filter by member window. I assume this is due to the huge amount of values coming from BW to excel and AA needs this memory to show all these values.

I also see it shows all the attributes of the material master data in the filter by member window which I believe could also be adding up to the memory.

Doing this activity multiple times leads to error "System out of memory".

Is there a way to avoid display of attributes in the filter by member window and just limit it to Key and Text for the material / customer or other info objects?

Thanks

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think that is a setting on the infoObject, tab attributes, then sort order for f4 help. I think if you set it to zero for the attributes they will not show up. worth a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Victor, your solution worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I believe that the following setting can help you to a limitation on filter dialog:

Thanks,
Diego Ferrary