Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisational charting / Nakisa for SuccessFactors

ErikEbertDK
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

Based on popular demand from several clients, I have been searching around for a visualisation tool that can pull data from SuccessFactors to visualise organisational entities such as divisions and departments. I have not had much luck yet, and most vendors out there, including Nakisa, seem to be interested in selling software and giving away a trial for us to get to work ourselves. I envision that a regular data feed delivers some flat CSV files to the external tool that then builds a simple HTML5 diagram for users to browse. Cloud offering is key More advanced features could include deep links to users Public Profile in SuccessFactors, but is not a key requirement.

Has anyone used Nakisa or an alternative for visualisation of Org entities in SuccessFactors?

Best regards,

Erik Ebert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nakisa can visualise data from a database ("staged" approach), so the real question is about how to process the data from SuccessFactors into the database.  I believe Nakisa themselves have done this by extracting and loading data.  But as you say, you'd need to licence Nakisa to provide this visualisation.

Incorporating HTML links into OrgChart is also possible and many "deep links" exist within SuccessFactors to modules and specific functions within modules.

I don't know of any alternatives but I also anticipate that given SuccessFactors already features a reporting and position org chart that surely it won't be long until a company structure can also be visualised across company, business unit, division and department.

Stephen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErikEbertDK
Contributor
0 Kudos

SuccessFactors has come a long way since I wrote this post originally and org visualisation is now on the 2016 product road map. Also, there are other vendors out there with light weight alternatives such as Huris, ready and available on HANA in the app store. That is great news and a good move.

It seems that Nakisa has finally come up with a solution for this topic and I thought I'd let everyone know about it. The product is called "Hanelly" and it uses real-time data from SuccessFactors Employee Central to visualise organisations. It also does more than that, of course, coming from Nakisa

The decision whether to use this or one of the more lightweight HANA based versions that are bound to be simpler and cheaper to implement relies on a more detailed analysis of course.

All the best,

Erik

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Erik.

Nakisa have recently announced a "New Engagement & Business Transformation Suite" that integrates with SuccessFactors.

Regards,

Stephen.