Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about the SAP Sustainability Performance Management tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a MSc student at Wageningen University (Netherlands) I am conducting a brief research on greenhouse gas emissions reporting tools. I found the SAP Sustainability Performance Management tool rather interesting and relevant to my research. I have some questions about the software which have not been answered by the resources I've found.

Reduction tracking

• If in subsequent years the company changes its inventory boundary (e.g. starts measuring paper or staff commuting), will the baseline be automatically recalculated?
  • Does the software clearly show reductions achieved to date (taking into account boundary changes)?
  • In addition to absolute changes in emissions, what intensity metrics are available (e.g. emissions per unit revenue, per employee)? Does it track reductions in those intensity metrics?
  • Does the software track emission reduction goals?
  • Does the software provide reports (charts) on reductions achieved?
  • Does it have features to track costs and costs reductions?

Benchmarking to other companies

• Does the software provide benchmarking? (to other companies, not within facilities)
  • What is it based on (e.g. emissions as compared to other similar companies, meeting reduction goals, other?)

Hopefully somebody can (partly) help me out here. Thanks!

Jurriaan

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Jurriaan,

I'm happy to help.  Please reach out directly to me at chris.zerlaut@sap.com.

The basic answer to all your questions is "Yes, it does."

Regards,

Chris