Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for couple of answers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

my name is sachin and am planning to do a  module in sap or oracle..i have done my mba in finance for work professionals 2 years back and i am a graduate in comp sci. i have a work experience in operations(bpo/kpo) of 9 years..i am aware that this would be a complete domain change for me, but yes, i have to take this decision. it would be a conscious decision though.i am also aware that i will have to start from a scratch !!!!

request you all to pour in with your thoughts about everything that you know on this platform...

couple of questions:

1. which are the modules in demand ?

2. SAP or ORACLE

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As you have finance experience, you may give an attempt at SAP FICO module which is of high demand.SAP FICO module refers to FInance & COntrolling. It is one of core modules of SAP. It is tightly integrated with Sales & Distribution (SD) & Material Management (MM) module

Talking of Oracle or SAP, to have good understanding of SAP, how it works, how data moves, accessed....etc you would need basics of Oracle at first. Gradually you may go into depth of Oracles.

If you want to move your career in SAP, there are lot of free & paid stuffs available in internet to boost your knowledge like SCN community, SAUG, SAP TechEd online,SAP Learning hub, Open SAP, Youtube, twitter, Slideshare....etc.

Basic books TADM10, TADM12, TADM 51 will of great help. May also check SAP Basis Administrator Handbook NW Edition by Ranjit Merredy for beginners awesome book.

In case you only wish to work as Oracle DBA (Oracle Database Administrator), you may have a training and certification which can be done with little effort in 2-3 months. This doesn't need any SAP related stuffs and you will be absorbed in industries as Oracle DBA.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I can share my views on SAP but not Oracle.

It will be advisable to take up SAP only if you have relevant experience.

You have done MBA Finance, but your work-ex is not relevant.

Even if you spend time & money & take up the course, you'll find it next to impossible to get a break.

Wishing you the very best.!!!

Warm regards & Best wishes,

Rinku Chauhan