cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sending QM Notification from SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on integrating QM notification to logging of NC in SAP ME. Relevant settings in ECC are in place. I have created an NC code as an ERP QN Code and have assigned ERP catalog, ERP Code group and ERP code as maintained in SAP. Also, my user in ME is assigned the ERP user name.

When I log an NC and complete the operation, "qualityNotificationRequest" is triggered but it goes to error with the message "Invalid catalog entry".

There is only original document in the trace which does show the catalog type same as maintained in the NC code (albeit in small letter - not sure if this makes any difference).

Would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All values should be in Uppercase to match ERP values.  I have noticed recently with ERP Code Group that there is an issue if you have caps lock or use the shift key when entering values it will  save as lowercase in the DB (Even though ME shows uppercase in the field) and the quality Notification fails. Same issue may happen with Catalog type.  Try to change value in ME without caps lock or shift key

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I did get this checked with my tech colleague and reason was same as mentioned by you which was corrected.

Now the ERP code group is coming in the original trace report in capital but I still get the same error message in MEINT "Invalid code group".

Also what we see is that there are no BAPIs maintained in the XSLT area. Does this also make any difference?

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the ERP Group being sent from ME match the one in ERP?

This is the first thing to check via Transaction QS42

Thanks

Steve

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The BAPI is referenced in the Quality Notification Handler which is why you wont see anything in the XSLT area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks a lot for this information.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Yes. The ERP group in SAP ME and in SAP ECC match. This is what I am using:

In ECC:

In ME

The help document does say that any code group can be used. Is there any restriction on that too?

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check your quality notification work flow settings in MII. It will show the parameters that were set during the CTC execution.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Many thanks. Yes the settings in MEINT work flow are exactly the same the you have mentioned in your reply.

Wanted to know if the values for catalog, code group and notification type are being "hard coded" here by mentioning these values here? Are they treated as default values? I was checking a document for field mapping in MEINT and these values were referred to as default values.

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two groups of Quality notification settings:

• NC code maintenance
  • QualityNotification workflow configuration

These two sets of parameters are passed in different parts of the BAPI and are independent of each other, in that in ERP they are stored in different places. Please see screenshot below from QM03 transaction with the values that came from ME.

Header data – is stored on the QN Subject tab. These are the parameters from the workflow configuration.

On the Items tab, the data here comes from the settings in NC code maintenance. Each NC logged for a particular Shop Order is created as a separate line on this Item tab.

The NC Details are in the Long text Field

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for the inputs. Appreciate all your help. It should help to resolve the issue. Will revert back.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve for all the inputs and help.

The issue is resolved. The mistake I was committing (or I think I was committing) was in the name of the NC Code. Earlier I had kept the NC Code name different from the code name as in SAP.

But I created an NC with the same name as for the defect in SAP and maintained all other parameters and the QM notification request was processed successfully.

Perhaps you could confirm that my assessment is correct?

We can close the thread?

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ME names should equal the ERP names as you have now defined.

Glad to hear that it is resolved

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

Just one lingering doubt. I do not see any communication back from SAP ECC to SAP ME when the notification is processed and completed. I do not see any thing in the help documentation either to this effect.

Since my SFC is in disposition due to NC logging, this has to be closed in ME only.

Is my assessment correct?

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The QN creation from ME is send and forget unfortunately due to the asynchronous nature of the message from SAP ME. In order to map the QN number to the Logged NC you would need to create a new NC data type to capture the QN number and then fill this in via the NC Edit functionality. To display the QN number you would have to monitor the SAPMEINT Message Queue table to extract the number that is displayed in the MII success message.

You could create a dashboard via MII SSCE and create an activity to run in the POD to display the data.

The settings for the scheduled task Queuemessagecleaner would obviously have a bearing on what messages were available in the SAPMEINT message queue table.

Hope this helps

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve. This is a very good input for me.

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (0)