cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade SAP_APPL release 602 to 600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We have accidentally perform delta upgrade SAP_APPL component version 600 to 602. We are still unable to downgrade the component release and there is no backup before upgrade activity.Is there any ways to downgrade the release or other option to bring back the server back to release  600?..Please help..your help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Nazrin,

there is no chance to perform a downgrade.

The only way is a backup restore. Usually SAP requests in their guides to perform a backup.

Best regards,
Andreas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nazrin,

Isn't possible if we perform a system copy to bring back the old version of sap_appl,600.?

You could perform the system copy from the system on which SAP_APPL version is still 600 from your landscape.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav

Thanks for the reply, i guess it is only the way as per your suggestion.Unfortunately, All the test data has been created in this delta upgrade server(SAP_APPL,602) and it need to be recovered to the new server(SAP_APPL,600) which our concern now.

mnzr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nazrin,

I also think there is no solution to your problem here. Downgrading SAP is quite impossible but hopefully you can list out a few solutions on paper and go for the best one.

Best Regards,

Munzir

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nazrin,

Unfortunately you need to restore your system with previous backup,but could you tell what exact issues you're facing after delta upgrade ?

Regards,

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I think the problem is this:

Cheers,
Andreas

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Nice search done to point out the root cause of this thread .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav/Andreas

Unfortunately we haven't perform any backup before the delta upgrade.Our scenario now, we have implement the delta upgrade(To  SAP_APPL 602) before apply all latest patches in SAP_APPL,600. Its like jumps off the to the SAP_APPL,602 without applying remaining patches in SAP_APPL,600.

It is crucial for our system to have the latest  patches in SAP_APPL version 600 as it is a part of requirement in our project implementation. Isn't possible if we perform a system copy to bring back the old version of sap_appl,600.?

All of your help is much appreciated. Thanks

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nazrin,

I'm a little puzzled by your statement:

"Its like jumps off the to the SAP_APPL,602 without applying remaining patches in SAP_APPL,600."

I understand your business need SAP_APPL 600; however every time you upgrade an application there is an equivalency of SPs levels that might be helpful for your case. Please check note #1165437 and #1297231, as well as the following discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1403187

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

my bad for confusing statement.,Do your mean by this equivalence? Based from the SAP Support market The Patch level 26 SAP-APPL Release 600(Dev) is equivalent with SAP-APPL level 16 release 602(QA).

Rgds

Nazrin Tarmijee