cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to broadcast message in SAP portal 7.4 using broadcast message manager role.

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to broacast message in SAP portal 7.4  using the role "broadcast message manager" which is new feature provided by SAP for broadcasting message in portal mast head. But the message is not appearing in mast head.

I have tried the below steps , please let me know if anything else has to be done.

1) Copied Sample_BroadcastMessageIview under Portal Content >> Portal Applications >> com.sap.portal.broadcast.message.framework to Portal Content >> <Any Folder> and pasted it as pcd object with the same name or choose different name.

2) Opened Ajax Framework Page and added Broadcast Message Framework and Broadcast Message iVewes as delta link to the page.

3) Enabled Broadcast Messaging service:

a. Access SAP NetWeaver Administrator >> Configuration >> Infrastructure >> Application Modules >> search for <com.sap.portal.broadcast.message.service>

b. In Web Module Details click broadcastmessageservice

c. In Portal Service Details change BCM is Active property to true

4) Assigned the role to the my id.

5) opened the role and provided the message text to be displayed and the user to whom this message has to be displayed.

This message is not appearing in mast head as pop-up. please let me know what has to be done.

for more clarity please refer the below thread.

Best regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

volker_weingart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem and solved that way:

1. you have to be logged in with language = EN when changing the Ajax-Framework-Page.

2. after the change of the Ajax-Framework page you have to stop and start the portal service (/nwa/start-stop, service: *broadcast*).

After that the Icon and the message are visible.

Best Regards,

Volker

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am still not able to broadcast message in portal mast head. Please suggest on this.

Best Regards,

Rahul

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

it works from me after getting solution via SAP incident.  Solution is here:

I missed one part that is "Copy Sample_BroadcastMessageIview under Portal Content >> Portal Applications >> com.sap.portal.broadcast.message.framework to Portal Content >> <Any Folder> and paste it as pcd object"

And it works.

Best regards.  Thanks to SAP 😉

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

I did all the steps mentioned in that blog and I still could not see  neither the icon nor the message, do you have a solution on your issue yet?

Thank you!

Best regards,

YAO

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Same issue.  We just upgrade Dev. Portal to lastest 7.40 patch and did same procedure as you and no message broadcasted (in IE or Chrome).

--> So I follow this thread to get the answer.

Best regards.

Vincent