cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing dependent characteristics - Authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ladies & sirs,

When recording inspection results (QE51N), is there any authorization object to unable the treatment of MICs at A ("Requested MIC when controlling MIC accepted") or B ("Requested MIC when controlling MIC rejected") statuses?

I'm trying Q_CHAR_PRC but it still allows to process them.

Thank you sou much in advance,

Cheers    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,

Please can you take clues form the below thread below -

Thanks to the contributors for the above threads. To my understanding, all these cases speaks about using object Q_CHAR_PRC, in combination with QA32/QE01.

Paralelly, you can explore using "User status" along with system status, and with the help of security role try to manage user status, linked to UD = A or UD = R.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you so much in advance for your help, but unfortunately we haven't solved this issue.

Not using QE51N it not an option, and don't find any way to set an user status in a MIC...

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,

None of the proposal in the attached threads says you shouldn't use QE51N!! Please can you let me know what all steps you have done in testing the suggested processes, and what are the outcomes.

Please can you double check the feedback provided by Craig S on May 10, 2012 5:56 PM in the discussion thread . It also speaks about an user exit QEVA0010 which can be utilized through ABAP programming to help building your business cases.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

At the moment, ABAP programing is considered excessive according to the size of the requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I'm a tad confused.

Q_CHAR_PRC is a security object that should only allow you to unlock a closed (status 5), MIC.

It will have no affect on dependant characteristics.  I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish from your original post.

It appears you want to disable processing of the dependent characteristics that have been made required from a controlling characteristic?  Is that what I'm understanding?

If you are.. why bother having them in the first place?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Q_CHAR_PRC won't allow me to prevent the manually unlock of a "Requested MIC when controlling MIC rejected" (status B)?

What I want is automatic unlock only whether the controlling MIC is rejected.

Actually, I can unlock a "Requested MIC when controlling MIC rejected" (status B) without rejecting the controlling MIC pressing yes below:

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. I understand now.  You don't want someone to cause the dependent MIC's to become required when the controlling MIC has not yet been processed.

No... I know of no standard way to influence that without ABAP development.  (I'd probably look at using an exit when the lot is saved).

It doesn't surprise me that Q_CHAR_PRC doesn't work.  As I said earlier, I believe this object check is limted to characteristics with a status of 5.  Not A or B.

I think development is your only choice here.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Craig!