Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Mylyn in Eclipse (usefull tools)

former_member198151
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I think there was some thread, with tools you are using to make your programming life easier. Unfortunatelly I can't find this thread, so I will just share in this new one.

I'm using Mylyn, which is a very great way to organize your tasks and especially, if you have to work on more tasks at a time, it offers you great way how to easily switch files and your focus between them.

You just create tasks in the "Task List" view (carefull, this is not the ToDo view, and you can open it, only if Mylyn is installed). Then you can activate the task and open any programs/includes you need to chande/see to solve the task. When you will switch to another task, all these windows will be closed and only windows of that other task will be opened, so that you can focus fully on that other task.

There is even possibility to filter out object from the Project Explorer, however this doesn't work with ABAP Projects, don't know why...

Short video with the idea can be found here: Mylyn In Action In Eclipse - YouTube

and there is somewhat long but very detailed presentation here: Mylyn 3.0: Code at the Speed of Thought - YouTube

Have a nice day!

O.

3 REPLIES 3

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ondrej,

you mean this blog here:

Regards,

Thomas.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ondrej,

currently we do not support filtering of objects in ABAP project based on the context.

Most of the developers that I talked to do not use this feature of mylyn. Therefore we decided not support it for ABAP. It also some technical constraints as mylyn does not support server-based repositories.

Are you using external repositories like Jira and integrate them via mylyn in Eclipse.

This gives mylyn an additional added value.

Regards,

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

that was what I expected after using JIRA/Mylyn in Eclipse.

I can not imagine that this feature is not in focus of the developers.

Exactly this feature is one of our main benefit if we hand over issues from one developer to another.

Is there is no chance to get it supported by the "ABAP in Eclipse" tools?

Otherwise we have to use the ADT Links to provide the "Context" in an issue.

cu

Christian