cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Meta tag error in motorola pocket browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to run standard ITS screen to read RF tags using motorola MC9190R1 using motorola pocket browser 3.1

I have included the DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090 as device include , function keys are working as expected. I could see below two meta tags in the device include file for RF trigger. 

<!-- Required to get trigger event -->

<META HTTP-Equiv="rfid" Content="enabled">

<!-- onTrigger() function is implemented in ITSMOBILE/99/DEVICE_SYMBOL.HTML and is called by

the device, when the trigger button is pressed and released.  The function is called two

times, with parameter value 2048 when pressed, and 0 when depressed.

For more information, please read the Symbol Pocket Browser documentation. -->

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnTrigger" Content="javascript:parent.frames['ITSFrameDev'].onTrigger('%s')">

When I trigger RF Gun, it throws javascript:parent.frames['ITSFrameDev'] null error. I was trying to find ITSFrameDev element but could not find.in the html template file,other sources like JS,CSS,..

appreciate any help on this error.

Regards

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tusar,

Were the templates generated for the ITSMobile service "XXXX" with

the ITSGENMOBILE4 service via SE80?

Also, can you list the contents of the 'GUI Configuration' via

SICF of the "XXXX" ITSMobile service in question?

if you use the

DEVICE_SYMBOL instead of DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090

in your 'GUI Configuration' of the service in SICF

for the parameter  ~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE

does this have any impact when testing the RF tags?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oisin ,

Service parameters settings

~THEME 99

~TRANSACTION itmobile01

~itsmobile 1

~sources itsmobile01,itsmobile

~popups 1

~itsmobiledeviceinclude devinclude_symbol3090

itsmobilemsgsound 1

~show_system_modal 1

~xsrfcheck 1

The service is in use itsmobile01 is the standard service provided by SAP.  I have published all services using SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL to site internal.

As I understand it is trying to find out the frame' ITSFrameDev' in the parent template. Is there any parent template for any standard/custom template in ITS?? Need to find out the source of ITSFrameDev

In the ITSMOBILE service I see the folder RFID under MIME which has symbol specific RF code in DEVICE_SYMBOL.HTML which has below codes along with javacripts & html ements for debugging

<!-- set up the RFID environment -->

<META HTTP-Equiv="rfid" Content="enabled">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnTrigger" Content="javascript:parent.frames['ITSFrameDev'].onTrigger('%s')">

<META HTTP-Equiv="RFIDNavigate" Content="javascript:parent.frames['ITSFrameDev'].onTag('%s')">

<META HTTP-Equiv="RFIDStatusNavigate" Content="javascript:parent.frames['ITSFrameDev'].onStatus(%s)">

also it has the below comments

<!-- ---------------------------------------------------------- -->

<!-- Debug screen, only visible when ~itsmobiledebug has been   -->

<!-- set before starting the service                            -->

<!-- ---------------------------------------------------------- -->

How can I include DEVICE_SYMBOL.HTML and execute ?? Tried including the below service parameter in ITSMOBILE01 SERVICE PARAMETERS but not working.

~itsmobiledebug   DEVICE_SYMBOL

Regards

Tusar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin,

Just add to my replay,  function keys are working  with symbol device include file  both in pocket browser 3.1 & enterprise browser from Motorola.

Regards

Tusar

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

as you have

~sources itsmobile01,itsmobile

you can set

~itsmobiledeviceinclude DEVICE_SYMBOL.HTML

Regards,

Oisin