cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server 2013 - hangs when viewing report in CMC

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently installed crystal reports server 2013 on the D Drive of my 2008 Server.  I am able to access my folders containing my reports on my http://localhost/8080/BOE/CMC   -- I am able to log on just fine - access the report that contains the report - I can right click the crystal report and select view  - the report just hangs - at "please wait while the document is being processed" and never actual views the report.

crystal reports 2013 is also installed on this serve on the D Drive as well.

I am able to access the report just fine in crystal reports 2013 ... without any issues.  It is just when I try to access the report the CMC that it is not working.

This is a brand new server we are trying to install this program onto.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have already checked and the reports are setup to access the correct database with the correct username and passwords set in them.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. This is the known behavior of the product as mentioned in my first response itself. However we gave a try using other possible steps to fix the problem, but no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn´t reccomend to reinstall the product as go-live is soon. Re-installation may fix your issue, however there is a possibility to run into different issues during installation or post installation. (But decisión is yours)

Before you proceed with re-installation, please try below:

1. Stop existing Crystal Reports Processing Servers

2. Créate new one and see if it makes any difference

All the best!

-Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh.

we stopped existing crystal reports processing server and restarted - did not fix - same problem  - we tried creating a new one .. did not fix - same problem

what else should we try?. we are open to trying to find a solution.

it makes no sense to us why it is not working.

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. When you view a crystal report in CMC, it uses PlatformServices, which is part of the BOE.war, such as

https://wapp246n.dev.bscal.local/BOE/CMC/1501141521/PlatformServices/jsp/pinger/pingerWrapper.jsp?ac...

Have you redeploy BOE.war and see if that will clear the hanging problem?

2. Have you configure the OpenDoc correctly in CMC -> Applications -> CMC?

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Did you stop the the existing Crystal Services anbd CREATE  NEW SERVICES from scratch?

If not, please do so and test the issue.

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Nothing we tried worked.  So to save time I just uninstalled everything.  Cleaned the registry- and then just installed crystal server 2013 on the C Drive.  Once I did this it worked and I was able to get it working fine.  Sample and our reports were able to viewed without any issues.

I then tried to install Crystal Reports 2013 on the D Drive of the same server.  As soon as Crystal Reports 2013 was installed the reports could not be viewed in CMC, it started to hang again.  So I uninstalled Crystal Reports 2013.  Thankfully Crystal Server 2013 started working properly again.  Which is kind of odd since we tried this before and it did not fix it. 

We have crystal server 2008 and crystal reports 2008 and both can be on the same server.  I am not understanding why the 2013 versions can't be on the same server. Is this something you guys are working on to fix?  I see this as a bug as past versions did not have this restriction.

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Please perform the steps directed by Mahesh in the previous post , by that we can  narrow down if its the issue with Web tier or the Processing.

Do you have a LOAD Balancer set up in your environment?  If Yes, Please try to access the BI Launchpad using the direct Tomcat link and test the behaviour.

Alternatively when you try to View the Crystal Report please open the Task Manager and check which process is cosuming most of the memory or if atleast the crproc.exe is being spawned which processes the report.

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not able to do the test that Mahesh wants us to do because we are not setup like that.  We have one server that we currently use (live system) that uses crystal reports 2008 and crystal server 2008.  And we have one server that we are trying to setup to replace that existing live server.  That has been installed with Crystal Server 2013 and Crystal Reports 2013.  Neither server is setup with test or development environments so we have no way to test what you are asking us to test.

However as per Nachiket  -- I have done what you asked and on task manager - the biggest memory grabber when I do your test is Chrome.exe *32  - at 44,120 K followed by another Chrome.exe *32 with a memory grab of 42,192 K  .. there is no crproc.exe listed at all..

so we are thinking the issue is with the crystal report processing server. - So how do we fix this?  How do we make the system load crproc.exe and allow us to view the report.

if you guys don't have a solution for this -   - we want to try again to clear the server of the programming and begin again with a fresh install. do you have instructions that we can follow.  I want to make sure we uninstall everything and everything is clear from the server registry etc - so we can start fresh with a clean install of crystal server 2013 -  just in case when we did it last time we missed something.  we really need this fixed asap as we are supposed to go live with this server next week and I don't think we will make this deadline if a solution can't be found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

I think you didn´t get my question # 4.We dont need to bring down PROD to perform the test.

With this test I wanted to use Web Tier (Tomcat) of PROD environment or any other working environment just to confirm the issue is at Topmcat side or it´s something else.

To perform this test it is not necessary to use PROD. You can use Tomcat of any other working environment. (TEST/QA/Sandbax)

For Eg: I asume you have this issue in DEV environment and DEV CMS name BODEVCMS. Now I will call CMC url of TEST environment and on the login page I will specify Dev CMS details as below:

Now try to run same reports and let us know. If the report Works then the problem is at DEV Tomcat, so we can troubleshoot the issue in that direction.

- Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teena,

Few more questions...

1. Have you observed this behaviour in both BI-Launchpad and CMC?

2. Is there CR Designer installed on the Server box?

3. Have you tested this issue using Firefox browser?

4. Also, test the issue using another instance of Tomcat. (For ex: Call DEV Tomcat URL and specify PROD system details while logging).

With the outcome of the above test will give us a direction to troubleshoot the issue.

- Mahesh

0 Kudos

Question 1 : - Yes we have gotten the same results in CMC and BI Launchpad

Question 2:  - Yes Crystal Reports 2013 is installed on the Same Server - we have uninstalled both Crystal Reports 2013 and Crystal Reports Server 2013 - and then just installed Crystal Reports Server 2013 - and got the same result - so it removing the designer did not fix it.

Question 3:  Yes same behavior using Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer - no difference.

Question 4: We can't test using the prod system as this is a live system that we can't afford to bring down -- so we can't test with this. - However we get the same result when we use the sample reports so we don't think it is related at all to our database.

We did a clean install and the samples did not work-  (this just the crystal reports server 2013 installed - we had not installed crystal reports 2013 yet)  We were able to schedule the report but not view them.  We could schedule the report to PDF and we could view that, but we were not able to view them if they were in the crystal report format.

Tina

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Do you experience the same behaviour with Sample reports that are shipped with BO?.

Test the behaviour with "drilldown" Crystal report.

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, The sample reports hang as well when we try to view them.  Is there anyway that someone from SAP can look at our server to fix this issue? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

This can occur if the Crystal Reports designer tool is installed on the same system as Crystal Reports Server. However you can try changing the Preferences in BI Launchpad and try to view the reports using different viewer.

- Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

We tried different viewers with no luck.  Is there any other solution to this.  We did not have these issues with Crystal reports server 2008.  We are thinking of going back to the older version the program and just scrap this newer version since we can't seem to get it working.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks