cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp File not getting deleted. WAS 8.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal Report in Web Sphere Application server (8.5).  None of the temp file created in /tmp by Crystal report is getting deleted.  We end up recycling the JVM to get rid of file open link.  Our ulimt is set up to 8190 and we reach this limit in about 6 to seven days.  Please advise.

James Pachikara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Can you please provide the following information:-

- Are your crystal reports managed (present in BOE repository) or unmanaged (stored at local disk)?

- Specify the product version that you are currently using? i.e CR for Eclipse/CRS/CRSE/BOE?

- What is your application workflow? Are you simply viewing the crystal reports in viewer or are you trying to export the document to some other format?

It looks like to me that you are facing the issues of the JVM crash of your web-application server, as every active report session consumes the system & web-application resources & these reports session are not cleared from the web-app server memory even we closed the report session from browser/report end-up their processing.

Do you have to bounce back your web-app server to get rid of this problem?

Please refer the blog for ensuring proper report clean-up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CR4E.  The Crystal reports are Unmanaged (stored in the Local disk).

We just noticed that the temp files created when we click the export button are not getting deleted.  If do not use the export button the original temp files are getting deleted.

You are correct.  After about 6 days of usage the JVM crashes and we have to recycle the JVM.  The Ulimit in the Unix system is 8192.  It reaches this limit in about 6 days.

We are using dispose as mentioned in the blog.  The temp files created by the original report are getting deleted.  But the temp file created when we use the export button are not getting deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

This issue was already reported to SAP. It looks like to me that your temp file is not deleted, only when you uses the Export button of the CrystalReportViewer. Correct me if I am wrong.

What happens if you directly exporting the report using code? Does you see the same behaviour when you are exporting the reports through web-application code?

Can you please mention the version of CR4E you are currently using?

Have you checked the behaviour on latest version of CR4E i.e. 12.2.218?

Can you please be more specific, that at which exporting format you are observing this behaviour?

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra

You are correct the temp file is not deleted, only when we uses the Export button of the CrystalReportViewer.

We do not have any problem exporting report from the database using direct code.

Where did you get CR4E 12.2.218.  I can see only 2.XX.  We tried using both 1.XX and 2.XX.

Where in Eclipse I can check the correct version of CR4E.  I did the upgrade using Eclipse download.

We are having problem, exporting to rpt, pdf, csv, rtf and printing( looks printing creates intermediate pdf files).  Basically for all the exports.

James