cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE 004 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user is getting an error message when clicking on the Review & Send tab in WDA and when saving the trip.

Error message: Cost distribution cannot be assigned to any receipt of the trip.  PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE Message #004

Google does not do anything but give me the message number....

She has only 1 cost center on her default accounting and I have confirmed it is open and valid for posting. She did change the accounting on 1 line to a different cost center, but the same message remains.

Any thoughts on what else I can check?

*Not sure if it related, but we delimited 500 expense types last week and this trip had some of them on it. We removed those lines from the trip so those transactions are back in the buffer and available to add to this trip. There are no current transactions on the trip that have delimited expense types. That is the only thing "unique" to this trip.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

if you process the same Business trip in backend Transaction pr05- do you receive also an error message?

Two possibilities:

1. Please check whether there is customer implementation in the BADI
TRIP_WEB_CHECK.

Please deactivate customer implementation and test again.

2. We had two similar customer message in the last five years- the Problem was that expense types in customizing was delimted or delteted after creating Business trip. Because of that error message while processimg the Business trip occurs.

So Michael recommendation above should lead to the correct solution.

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael - We have so many expense types due to FERC accounts, that ALL of our transactions are tied to a "Generic" Z000 expense type in the buffer. ALL of our expense types are assigned by the employees in the trip.

Klaus - PR05 does not produce the same error. It can be saved and simulated without issue.

Z000, the generic expense type assigned to all in buffer, was not delimited.

There were some delimited that were asgiend to trips, but those have been removed from the trips.

I will check if there is custom implementation in the BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get any time to debug this today, but I had the user create a new expense report and she was able to save it without an error. I sent all her old transactions back to the buffer and deleted the trip that was "buggy" and all is well.

I opened several other trips from other users that had, had expense types on them that were delimited and deleted from the trip, and none of them received this error...

Anywho, it's resolved now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

strange...

Assignment to expense type is performed while uploading TO buffer, not while adding to trip. Old - maybe delimited - expense type will be still active in background processing and memory during entry.

Can you confirm that you DID NOT delimit expense types of receipts already in the buffer? This may lead to errors during processing.

cheers, Michael