cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM-Master data load-Deleted/delimited records

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

We have BEx reports created on EMP, ORG, position and Job. Most of DataSource are custom and direct mapped into BW.

These Master Data each has Daily Full load with filter on Object Type and we do Attr Change run.

Some records in HR get deleted or delimited. For example, emp # created in mistake and deleted later or Org # delimited.

1- How can we identify Deleted and delimited records on these time dependent master data

Appreciate if you could clarify this.

Thanks

AKA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

I agree with Akanksha on creating master data with time dependency.

In bex query you can use the filter condition valid to date to 31.12.9999 and it should solve your issue.

You con't delete the employee who left the organisation because transaction data may already been loaded. Why would you delete the employees who left the organisation and is there no data retention period?

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.

former_member214274
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the char length of emp # and Org # in BW and compare with that in source.

Delimited master data can be because the BW side length is lesser than data coming from source.

For identifying such records you have to check in source tables and master data tables in BW.

For deleted records, since it is a full load, it must be deleted from source too.

Can you elaborate your issue/requirement?

Thanks,

Akanksha

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

Akanksha & Shakthi,

For example- When Employee leave the company or job no longer needed- HR will delimit this type of records. They don't delete as it has business value.

Another situation is that when HR create these master data in Mistake- They will delete them as it has no business value.

My requirement is to remove the Deleted records after the full load in BW- It is not happening now therefore I have to manually delete them from BW- Or use FM RSDMD_CHECKPRG_ALL to find it.

In Delimited situation:

Lets say Emp 123 delimited as of 2/01/2015. When I use Key date 02/02/2015 by EMP# 123 in BEx query, the report should not return any record for this selection.

Hope this clarify my situation more.

former_member214274
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

The master data infoobjects on BW side for Emp and Org should be flagged as time dependent.

This will solve your delimited data issue.

For deleted records which are not getting removed from BW, make sure you delete your target contents in BW before doing full load daily.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Akanksha

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you manually delete records or automate this steps. My requirement is to load everyday and manual process is immpossible. What varient in Process chain can delete record for InfoObject.

All MD are already flagged Time-dept.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

Have you tried right click on master data and maintaining master data.

Thanks,

shakthi.