cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation not posted in a certain period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have posted depreciation for Period 1 in 2015, after this we are not able to post depreciation in period.  The system shows posting period 3 in planned posting but not period 2.  Is this a system error, should i raise OSS note with SAP for this issue.

Regards,

Sathesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

It might impact the amount of depreciation posted in each period, but will it have an impact like posting the entire years depreciation in one month.

Regards,

Sathesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satesh,

It will impact from all open fiscal years. Suppose your last closed fiscal year is 2013 in AA, if you change the useful life for the asset in 2014, then the depreciation changes will impact from 2014 onwards. If you have already posted the depreciation till Jan month, then what ever difference from Apr'2014 to Jan'2014 for the depreciation, will adjust in the Feb month. It won't recalculate the depreciation for closed fiscal years.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmood/Mukthar,

Yesterday I did some more study and found the following.

1. The asset was newly created in Jan 2015

2. When the depreciation run was done in Jan 2015, the system posted depreciation run for the entire year in period 1 itself.

3. The row for period 2 (Feb in this case was not appearing)

4. The posting periods 3-12 had "0" as the planned posting value.

what i think might be the problem is while running the depreciation, we might have selected something different in the reason for posting run other than 'planned posting run'

-planned posting run

-repeat

-restart

-unplanned posting run

I am not sure which one, but will this affect posting the entire years depreciation in one period.  could this be the reason.

Regards,

Sathesh

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you may have a look at the deprecation key.. as its looks  that deprecation key have a one period only as a useful live..

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

Check the multi level method of the depreciation key in AFAMS or share screen shot of the key. However, which depreciation method are using whether percentage or based on use ful life. If it is based on use ful life, then check the useful life maintained for the asset.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Here is the screen short of the key.  The expired usefull lifeis 2years 3 months, the remaining useful life is 4 years 9 months.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

Check the posting rules maintained for the co.code in OAYR? And also share screen shot of the AW01N for the asset.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

The posting rule says the it is a Monthly posting.  I have attached the screen shot below.  I have a doubt, if there is any change in the orginal useful life and remaining useful life have some impact here.

For  your information the row Period 2 is visible now because, we posted an adjust entry 2,961,763 in the unplanned depreciation.

regards, S

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

If change useful life of the asset, then definitely it impacts on the depreciation.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did the SAP shows the period 2 Deprecation is posted and next plann run is 3 ? could you share a screen shot..

also could you check the deprecation expense in FBL3N .. is there a posting happen?

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

Does it for only one asset or all? And also let me know when you run the depreciation in AFAB for period 2, does system throw any error message?

Regards,

Mukthar