Did you mean: 

Leave approval Delegation and auto approval

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I've two standard scenarios for Leave approval by manager from MSS:

1st : Manager should be able to delegate leave request in case he is absent

2nd: After certain period say 2-week , if manager doesn't approve/reject, it should be auto approved.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for deadline monitoring refer below :-

Deadline Monitoring - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You can add a deadline monitoring task in the workflow and change the status to "approved" .

2. you can also create a custom report which pics the requests to be auto approved based on some date calculation and approve the requests using the FM PT_ARQ_REQUEST_EXECUTE.

Regards,

Jyothi

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks jyoti,

Let me try with this.

Any idea about delegation of leaves in MSS?

Regards,

Niladri

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you are identifying manger details in the system i.e Organization structure.? approach varies with the requirement and existing system.

Regards

Venkatesh

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

It's standard A002 relationship for identifying Line manager(HOD). Through A003 relationship we identify Line manager's/ HOD's  Org unit.

Then for this org unit we have maintained two Custom relationship: AZ01 for identifying General manager(GM) and AZ02 fro identifying HR who belong to that particular Organization Unit  .

Exploring this Delegation feature in EhP7

Checked below link for time being but it was for Ehp6

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform the below activities for deligation:

1.Maintain task classes.

2.Define substitution Profile

3.Assign substitution profile in the below SPRO path.

Goto pftc

Leave approval task - > select classification task - >  value appear in the dropdown( configured values , task classes).

Save - > generaete.

Now , Go to UWL , and do delegation task.

for auto approval you need to add deadline monitoring task in the workflow as mentioned above.

Regards,

Jyothi

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked below link Configuring and setting up substitutions in SAP Workflow - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

But in PFTC T-code , I am confused which task I need to check as there are 21 Leave related tasks as below-

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the workflow which you are using for leave approval. Go to tcode swdd n display the workflow. There is an approval step in the workflow, get the task number from the approval step and assign the classification task. If you find difficulty in finding the approval task you can check with your workflow consultant or check for the approval task in the google.

Regards,

Jyothi