cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming an Expert in GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using GTS System in 6 Months now and also attended some training about Overview and brief customization in GTS. after understanding GTS and what is the importance of this in the Business world, my goal now is becoming an expert in this field, I know that it will take times and learning to become like you guys. that is why, I want your insight and suggestions, sharing some knowledge and what your first step becoming an Expert in GTS.

Thanks,

Iris Amarille

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iris Amarille

I am feeling very happy to hear that you have undergone to GTS training and learned the brief cutomization. But I can say that I am not at all Expert in GTS but as per my experience I'll tell you one thing that you need to work any specific client in your organisation so better try to involve into GTS Projects if there is any existing/future GTS projects with you.

As already you know that the training experience will be different taste of working with realtime cleint right.... So look into it. and keep involve in the GTS communities to share your knowledge and get any suggestions as per requirement.

...All the best.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for the reply, my current role in my company is GTS coordinator and like I said, I am using it as an end user. I'm looking to expand my knowledge in this field not only as an End User but also as an Expert who can understand the customization and easily handles problems like you guys.

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iris

Yes you will absolutely become expert when you work on that. All the best.....

Srikanth

RajanSrinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos
  1. First step build up your functional or domain knowledge of GTN. This is more important for any functional expert role in SAP.
  2. Simultaneously find a Certified Associate Course in GTN, complete the course and pass the certification exam.
    1. These courses can be found in SAP Training and Certification Shop. These courses can be online or class room. These are paid courses.
    2. An alternative is openSAP | Enterprise MOOCs: Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device!.
    3. There can be other private courses also but beware of the quality here. They may not measure to that offered in the other two sources mentioned above.
    4. SAP GTN Functional Consultants in your own organization may also be a good source to provide training. Check if they are willing to share their knowledge with you and mentor you.
  3. And with these two pre-requisites you should now find the opportunity to practice your skills hands on.
    1. Check the possibilities within your current organization if they will give an internal transfer from the end user side to the SAP Center of Expertise side.
    2. You may also check with SAP Partners who are engaged in providing SAP GTN consulting, implementation, support, product development etc. services if they will take you and groom you into a SAP GTN expert. You have many employers big, medium and small who are available in this sector to choose from.

These are the steps I followed to become a SAP FI/CO consultant from a FI/CO functional expert. Wish you all the very best!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Thank you very much.

Just for clarification, is that really SAP GTN? or GTS or GTM? because I try to search SAP GTN but there's no result.

Again thank you very much, it will help me a lot and gives me more confident to becoming an expert in this field. I know it will take time and effort,

Iris

RajanSrinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry! My bad. SAP GTS.

RajanSrinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention this important thing.

Help.sap.com contains the application documentation for SAP GTS component. It will explain all the SAP functionalities in this component.

SAP Global Trade Services 10.1 – SAP Help Portal Page

Scroll down on the page until you reach Application and you will see English document to the right.

Answers (0)