cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Analytics - User Authorization Not Suficient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have implemented the CRM analytics report, however when I access the menu Sales Pro in CRM and try to open the report Closed Opportunities, I get the error : User Authorization not sufficient.

If I open the error I get the message :

Diagnosis

The user doesnot exist in the BI client or has insufficient authorizations

Procedure

Contact system administrator to verify the user is setup properly in both CRM and BI client

Procedure for System Administration

Verify that the user exist in BI client with the same user id, if not create it and assign proper authorizations as per the configuration guide.

When I run the query or the webtemplate in BW I don't have authorization problems, but I can't run from CRM.

Any suggestion about how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The report which you have implemented is doing a RFC call to BI system where some other system program is getting called which have authorization logic check for the RFC user ( or the person who is running the report). here report is terminating with error. I have face the similar issue.

generally such reports we use to schedule as a background job with batch user which have SAP ALL access but I feel in your case user who runs the report have not sufficent authorization in BI system and also you are not running report as an background job.

There aretwo tricks to findout the missing authorization which I also have used.

First option : close all the session except one in CRM and than run the report as soon as the error comes open transaction code SU53 to know the missing authorization - may be you can fail here as the authorization check fail in BI.

Second option definitely will work. Whenerror is coming double click on the mmessage to know the message detail(class and number) than again run the report in debugging mode (/H- type in address bar to activate debugging) than set breakpoint in the message and press f8( may be system will not set the break point immediately than you need to debug till the RFC calls BI system) . system will take you to the exact authorization code check where the error is coming. there you can find out the missing authorization object which is not included in the user assigned role. than can ask access team to add in the user role.

I hope this will solve your issue. Please revert with your finding.

Thanks,

Prem

shawn_xiao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Interactive reporting is working on 2 different clients in one CRM system. So I believe your user only exist in CRM client, but not in BI client.

Please go through C41 BB for details. And make sure your user also exists on BI client.

Best Regards,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

Do a ST01 trace, that will give you which all authorizations are missing.

Thanks and Regards

Shanto Aloor