Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Scheduling Profile - OPKP

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am configuring the production scheduling profile in OPKP. In this I have the below check boxes:

1. No update of yield surplus

2. No update of yield deficit

3.Adjustment of operation / component quantities to actual values

If I set the indicator "No update of yield surplus" & "No update of yield deficit" what will happen? Will it affect the production order costing (Eg: variance calculation / WIP calculation)?

Can anyone please explain me with some practical example?

Your valuable effort will be very much appreciated.

Note: I have set the "Over Delivery Tolerance not checked" in OPK4

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SK,

I believe it is for display purpose only. The field will show how much you have done more or less GR. The field will be updated with the status final confirmation and will not be changed if later the order qty has been changed.

WIP and variance will be calculated as per the normal way and will not be impacted.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

I also checked. This field will not have any impact on the production order costing (eg: variance calculation, WIP CALCULATION). Will it have any impact on MRP calculation?

Thanks

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

This field doesn't have any impact on MRP, WIP or settlement.

This is an indication based on the confirmation of activity and shows how much surplus / deficit is confirmed against the planned (target) quantity in the order. It will start showing once a confirmation is posted and will clear once TECO is made.

Thanks

Prem

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your info. Assume that this field is updated with value 20.  Currently I have the production order status as CNF PDLV. If I set the status "TECO", do you mean to say this field will be made EMPTY. Is it so?

Thanks

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, didnt mean that way.

The field is to show the yield variance only. ie, short or excess.

If there's excess produced than planned, then plus, otherwise negative.

Production team used to identify the data before TECO. In that sense i mentioned it will be zero.

Regarding your query, it will not affect MRP, Costing or settlement.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Sorry. I am not clear. Could you please explain with some example? How the TECO status will impact the value in this field?

Thanks

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SK,

you do not have to go with that word TECO

Take the below example:

I have an order for which short is showing +35 whereas actual delivered is -29.

This means there's some excess confirmation (if there's no losses in operations). Instead of cross verifying confirmation data every time, production user can understand there's a mistake happened, which they can correct it before completing the order.

So, i just referred a practical application of this field.