cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deviating Purchase Order Acknowledgements lead to automatic Purchase Order Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

the ByDesign standard process creates a changed purchase order when a purchase order acknowledgement with deviation is created. This changed purchase order is automatically sent to the supplier. Either per mail, edi/xml, fax or print as configured in the communication with the supplier.

As discussed with SAP there is no possibility to suppress this. Do you have any ideas how to switch off this functionality?

Best regards,

Constantin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi  Constantin,

In Business By Design there is no possibilty to configure this. Moreover I do not understand why the updated purchase order should not be sent again to supplier. This is very much required in my opinion.

And secondly I want to understand what is the harm in sending an update.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

thank's for your reply. In this case it's an subsidiary scenario and the supplier is the subsidiarys' headquarter. The sending of the updated purchase orders leads to an overhead at the headquarter's side. They have an "gentleman agreement" that deviating purchase order acknowledgements are accepted by the subsidiary if they don't appeal.

Best regards,

Constantin

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Constantin,

What kind of overhead it is. It is just updating the same Sales order in ECC. Could you please explain?

Regards,

Babu.