Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Routine MATN1 is not working

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When material no. is more than 18 character then in BI conversion Routine is not working means it is putting as "!" whereas in R/3 for same datasource in RSA3 it is showing correct material no. Due to this the user is not able to see the correct material code in the report. Also in OMSL length given as 18 char.

DS: 0MATERIAL_ATTR

R/3 RSA3 O/p:

DS PSA Maintenance:

Could anyone please suggest that what can be done.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have solved the issue by enhancing the datasource 0material_attr by the field created in ECC after business function applied. Then we have used custom field in the 0material. Now we are getting correct data.

Thanks for all your valuable inputs and suggestion which made to achieve the target.

Hence closing the thread.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

and also check in the transformation generated/activated program whether the conversion function code is available for the specific field as a standard.

We are also facing similar issue in 3.x flow. In our case there is no conversion function for the field though we created IO with conversion routine.

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praku,

Conversion routine applied in the transformation. The SID is not getting generated for the new custom object with 40 char.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

can you check whether the field in Data source is internal or external format.

If it is set to internal, no conversion exit has to be considered.

Regards,

Prakasha A

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praku,

The field in Data Source as internal format and custom IO which I have created, used the conversion routine as MATNL same as in ECC.

When I do the check in RSRV, the error message appears as "SID table contains values with wrong internal format". If I do not use the conversion routine then in the Bex reporting the material codes appears leading with Zeros. Now I am wondering that is OMSL playing any role.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,As you mentioned that in ECC OMSL tcode the length is 40 which is by default should be 18.So i believe they have get it changed through modification kit available.You can also check with the functional team regarding this information.

Can you also check the entry in the table TMCNV in source system and see what value has been mentioned there.

Also check this note 83020.

Regards,

AL

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

Table TMCNV has length as 40 char. I have raise the OSS ticket as well for the same.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this means they have got it modified with the help of kit available.And i feel if you get chance to check the note which i mentioned in my last reply then it will help you in understanding the process.Though i have not checked that note.

Regards,

AL

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

I could not find any SAP Note: 83020 which you have provided. Do you have the pdf version of the note which relevant to this issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh my mistake i actually got that information from one of the thread.After investigating further i found that this is a general note regarding what is consulting-what is support ?

Regards,

AL

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

I found the business function set MGV_LAMA activated in ECC but this set is not available in BI. Do you have any business function set which can help?

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please check that the Material Number Format (t/code OMSL) in source system and BW correspond. Also make sure that conversion routine MATN1 is used in Characteristic 0MATERIAL.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sander,

This is the strange part that in source system OMSL value given as 40 and in BW it's 18 char. But when I tried to increase value in BW it's not allowing to do more than 18 char. 0Material already has MATN1.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Normally Material Number in the ECC system is defined as CHAR18 (i.e. Domain MATNR). It also has Conversion Routine MATN1.

During maintenance in t/code OMSL a check is built in to validate the length you input here. If the length is greater than the length of Material Number (i.e. 18 in a standard case), then it gives you an error message.

In BW a similar check is applicable in t/code OMSL. Then Characteristic 0MATERIAL will be leading I expect.

It might be that in your ECC source system the length of Material is specified as 40. Can you please check that (e.g. via t/code SE11, table MARA, double click on Data Element MATNR and then on Domain MATNR).

If in your source system the length is extended to 40, then you will also have to do that in BW.

Last but not least, please also have a look at the discussion which might be helpful.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sander,

Mara also has defined as 18 char.

I believe the problem with the conversion routine MATN1. As in ECC the MATN1 use the FM CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT to give the more than 18 char value for the material. But when I check same in BW, it is doing nothing. Please find below screenshot.

This is becoming big issue for me. Really difficult to handle the user.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I did some research and found information on "long material number" and how to deal with it in BW. Please have a look at the following SAP Notes:

The last two SAP Notes describe how to deal with long material numbers in BW.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sander,

Your suggestions helped me a lot. As I have mentioned the in ECC there is business function activated. So I found that the table is MATERIALID contains the both 18 and 40 char material codes. Now I have done the datasource enhancement for Material_attr with the field MATNR_EXT which has 40 char. The data is pulling correctly into BI and created one custom IO with the 40 char. and selected conversion routine as MATNL then loaded into the 0Material. Till here it is working fine but the issue comes in Bex analyzer that when I use this field into my report the value is coming as "#" whereas in IO it is loaded correctly.

Please find the below screenshots and suggest valuable suggestion because I am just one step to behind to finish this issue.

Material Master IO:

Bex Analyzer:

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you activated the master data.

I assume that you must have added this new object as navigational attribute in 0material.Also you must have selected the same in provider as well.

Regards,

AL

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

I have selected the new object as the navigational object and selected in the provider as well. Still it is showing "#" char in the Bex. Not able to understand what could be the wrong.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Good to hear the progress that you made. We are indeed very close to the finish.

As you added a new Navigational Attribute, I expect that the Attribute SID table might not be up-to-date. If you go to InfoObject maintenance (t/code RSD1), then you can find the function via menu Extras > Database tables > Fill Attribute SID Table > Direct Processing.

Alternatively, you can also find several checks in t/code RSRV, e.g. SID Values in X and Y Tables or Values Available in Navigation Attributes.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

You are rightly said that the SID table not maintained for new custom field. When I try to fill the SID table then Direct processing and in background is disabled. Also when I do checks in RSRV then it through errors as "SID table contains values with wrong internal format". I guess it is not allowing to store values greater than 18 char.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek jain

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Finally the custom object is working fine in the Quality system but when I do transport into the production server, it through error as "the object name is not allowed to be empty". I had deleted the SID and master data table before transporting the TR but still I am getting error. Due to this master data is not getting activated.

Have you encountered this type of errors. I have read many threads but nothing working here.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The Attribute SID table update via InfoObject Maintenance should be done in change mode. In display mode it might be grayed-out.

The RSRV checks can be used to trigger subsequent repair actions (in case of errors). Did you carry out any repair actions?

Best regards,
Sander

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

0MATERIAL/MATNR length is 18 only. if your material value is more than 18 then how will it shown at RSA3 as well.

At info object level - have your conversion routine as MATN1?

Thanks

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Conversion routine already applied in the info object level. Even I am also surprise that why RSA3 more than 18 char.

Regards,

Abhishek

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

0MATERIAL has only 18, if material length more than 18 it will truncate and update the data

Ex

Actual Material : AL_STR410_150X150X10_16

After updating in BW : AL_STR410_150X150X so its natural behavior conversion working as expected, if would like to maintain entire "AL_STR410_150X150X10_16", value, you have to increase length of 0MATERIAL infoobject.

Thank you,

Nanda

former_member351149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I have increased the length of 0Material to 40 char. but still it is giving as same 18 char. It's still truncate the material no.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain