cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2013 via ASP.net Login Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using CR reports in VS2013 using ASP.net. The CR display fine in the VS2013 environment, but when I copy over the files (asp,rpt...etc) over to the root directory of IIS I receive and login box on the web page.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

How are you deploying the runtime onto the WEB server? Or are you?

What logon? App, Server, Database?

Need a lot more info.

Have to check the MS IIS Help file on how to deploy WEB app's and setting up Security?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you deploying the runtime onto the WEB server? Or are you? I'm right clicking in the Solution Explorer box and selecting "Publish Web Site".

What logon? App, Server, Database?

I've tried MS Access and SQL Express and the web version can't see to get to the data; however, in VS2013 using the built in IE its not a problem at all. The CR display the data fine. No errors occurs in VS2013 using the built in web server over port 51322, but when I publish the files to the wwwroot directory. I get the following error(s):

"Error failed to open connection...."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgraded to SP13 and I moved slight forward and now I’m getting this login page from I guess the CR which is trying to access the MS access DB.

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Check permissions where your MDB is located. IIS need permission to access the folder.

I suggest searching IIS help files on how to configure \temp folder and shares as well as DB Client configurations.

ProcessMonitor and Fiddler are great tools for debug permissions.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Was able to resolved it!!! In IIS MGR, Application pools,  DefaultAppPool, setting the Enabled 32 bit application=True. Did the trick…Thanks Gary

0 Kudos

Ah yes, that would need to be configured also.

Don

Answers (0)