cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports in visual studio 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a vb.net 2010 desktop appplication, there are calls to files where the last node is '.rpt'. When I look at the vb code, there are the following Imports statements Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Imports CrystalDecisions.ReportSource Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared Imports System Imports System.ComponentModel Based upon the import statements listed above, I am assuming that the reports have been generated using crystal reports. I would like to be able to open the 'crystal report' as if someone is using crystal reports. However, I have not been able to open the reports will crystal reports. Thus can you tell me what I need to do so I can open the crystal reports in visual studio 2010? Do I need to have some option installed on my workstation for the crystal report 'designer' to appear? Basically what do I need to do so that I can open the .rpt file in the crystal report that is part of visual studio?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There is a CR Report Designer built into the VS IDE but to make this work VS must be higher than PRO version.

If you want to create and edit reports outside of VS then you need to purchase a full version of Crystal reports Designer..

Overview Tab has links to get them from our eStore.

If you have Crystal Reports installed what version are you using? IT will need to be version CR 9 or higher.

Not clear what you are asking or attempting to do.

Answers (0)