cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriation Request authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I manage my Appropriation Request if one of the steps requires a project to determine its outcome (approval/refusal)?

My setup is as follows:

Appropriation Request 1 approval:

Step 1: Approve (y/n)
y
Step 2: Approve (y/n)
y
Step 3: Approve (y/n)
>>>> Create additional Appropriation Request
>>>> Appropriation Request outcome (if y then y, else n)

Step 4: Approve (y/n)

y

Step 5: Approve (y/n)

Appropriation Request approved >>> Investment Measure creation.

The reason for having this set up is because the authorizor might require a team of resources to analyze some factors to determine the outcome.

Is this possible to set up in SAP Investment Mangament?

If so how?

Kindest Regards,

Vero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would see no point trying to automate this through a workflow at 100%.

It can be approached from a process design perspective.  Make it as part of the procedure, but run standard AR approval workflows.  Probably with different AR types and with possibility to reference one to another for reporting.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veronica,

If you are not using user status, then you can built different user status approval as user status.

These status can be activated at created between released, once the final status is reached, it can be released.

But you need to restrict the same with roles and authorization and requires security resource to complete the activity.

Another way is my using Person Involved, you can maintain the partner function and determine the list of approvers and you can also trigger email based on this. May be bit of Abap work is required.

Regards

Terence