Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3MAIN menu not found in *LIBL after Kernel upgrade

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I just upgraded a kernel from 701 PL 150 to 721 PL 401, in an ECC6.0 EHP4 ABAP Only system.

After DLTR3PKG SID(<SAPSID>) finished, i logged off, and when i tried to log back in i wasn't able to, so, when i saw the logs i see error "R3MAIN menu not found in *LIBL". This is a QAS system, DEV system was updated with no issues and its working fine.

AS/400 - DB2 V6R1.

Hope anyone can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Kind regards,

Martim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login as a *SECOFR user and change the initial menu for the <SID>ADM user to SAPMAIN. This should have been done by the kernel update process. This change will get you in to the system as <SIDADM>.

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VAKUL,

Thank you very much for your kind support.

And how do i make this change permanent? Is there a way to fix this? how do i know if there are not any more errors?

Should i repeat the kernel upgrade?

Kind regards,

Martim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martim,

This is just a work around to get you logged in as SIDADM and review the logs.

How did you upgrade the Kernel? If through command line then there should be a job log or if you did the upgrade through SUM tool as part of a support pack then there should be a logs available in the SUM folder. Hope this helps.

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VAKUL,

I followed SAP Note 1713986, i used the APYSIDKRN command. should i repeat the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

BRs

Martim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Without reviewing it is hard to tell if the upgrade needs to be repeated. As SIDADM, do a WRKSPLF to get a list of the previous job logs. You may find the log for the job where you ran APYSIDKRN. You should have an indication of whether there were any errors. You can also execute disp+work from qshell or QP2TERM and see the current kernel version to validate if the upgrade went through.

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VAKUL,

Apparently upgrade went through,

Thanks.

BRs

Martim.

Answers (0)