Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpack HU from Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario in RF process to Unpack Handling Unit on the Outbound Delivery. Usually we do this in VL02N. But in RF process, the standard transaction LM25 is displaying some irrelevant error messages which I am not sure of digging deep into it.

We are doing custom development for packing and unpacking. For unpacking, I have seen few function modules like 'BAPI_HU_UNPACK', 'HU_EMPTY_HU', 'HU_UNPACK' but these also return an error message saying the 'HU is already assigned to delivery'.

I have seen many posts in SCN but I don't see a correct answer for Unpacking scenario. So, if anyone has worked in this scenario, please provide some inputs.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the replies.

BAPI_HU_DELETE_FROM_DEL function module will deleted the HU from the delivery which I don't want that to happen. It should just unpack the HU.

After some analysis on standard RF unpack transaction LM25, we cannot directly use this transaction to unpack the HU. Instead, this should start from LM61 where we can enter a delivery first and then goes to unpacking level. So, here I did a debug and found a standard function module ' PROCESS_HU_INBOUND_DLVRY' which is unpacking the HU. I have used the same function module in my program and worked like a charm. Although, it is very important to pass correct data in each parameter.

If anyone needs more information on this function module, let me know. I can share some more information on the data that needs to be passed.

Thanks again for taking time in looking into my post.

Thanks,

Sandy

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Use below function modules

BAPI_HU_DELETE_FROM_DEL

Hopes it helps you.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

VL02N delinks HU and Delivery document by its internal code. In RF you should delink it with before it gets unpacked, as already suggested BAPI_HU_DELETE_FROM_DEL .

Kishor

former_member191434
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the replies.

BAPI_HU_DELETE_FROM_DEL function module will deleted the HU from the delivery which I don't want that to happen. It should just unpack the HU.

After some analysis on standard RF unpack transaction LM25, we cannot directly use this transaction to unpack the HU. Instead, this should start from LM61 where we can enter a delivery first and then goes to unpacking level. So, here I did a debug and found a standard function module ' PROCESS_HU_INBOUND_DLVRY' which is unpacking the HU. I have used the same function module in my program and worked like a charm. Although, it is very important to pass correct data in each parameter.

If anyone needs more information on this function module, let me know. I can share some more information on the data that needs to be passed.

Thanks again for taking time in looking into my post.

Thanks,

Sandy

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Can you give me further informations which field should be filled?