cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Original File Display issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is regarding Original File dispaly issue in DMS. User is using CV04N transaction to download the file. After going in the DMS screen user is selecting the file, Right Click & select the option "Copy to". Then user select the option to save the file on Desktop. If required user change the description of the file & save it on Desktop.

But when he tries to open that file from the desktop, file is not diaplayed & does not give any error. In some cases file is taking more than 10 mins to open the file.

This issue is faced by only two users whereas on my laptop file is displayed properly without any issue.

What could be the reason behind this? Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pravin,

so if this issue only happens for specific users I would estimate that the reason is something user or computer specific.

Maybe you can logon with another userID to this computer and test if the behavior is better. Because then you can eliminate the computer as potential source and the reason must be something user dependent settings.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What are the user specific settings I need to apply to user ID? As I have seen that in user's profile (in /SU01D) in "Parameters" tab nothing is maintained i.e. this tab is completely blank. In my user ID some parameter ID's are maintained in "Parameter" tab.

Thanks

Pravin

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

What kind of file he tries to open ?

Check for MS office, ECL viewer installed on their desktop systems.

Reg,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it happens after saving the file it si probably the local system issue.Please check if the application is not corrupt or you are using the latest version of the same.

Thanks

Amulya