cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS - Data Store - fetching tables from PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have DS 4.1 Server running fine with all other source and targets.

I have a scenerio which is bugging me, Asking for work around or easy way.

DS - Data Store is importing tables fine when

1. SAP Ecc- Development  as Source and Oracle DB/BW as Target

Jobs are executin fine, but

DS - Data Store is importing tables are giving me error :

2. SAP Ecc - Production as Source and Oracle DB/ BW as Target.

Error: RFC CallReceive error < Function /BODS/RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN; RFC_ABAP_MESSAGE, (Changes to repository is not permitted)>

I kow that this production client has locked the changes to repository as its prod, please let me know how do i do a work around and import tables from prod or assist me with the best practice.

Thanks

Saleem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transport the generated ABAP code from DEV to PRD first.

Switch the ABAP execution option mode in your production SAP Applications datastore to Execute Preloaded.

For more details check the SAP Data Services Supplement for SAP documentation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do i need to make any changes in Data Services - Edit Datastore Configurations.

How do i know that it generated Abap Code sucessfully, what happens if i need to load few more tables later.

Thanks

s

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do i need to make any changes in Data Services - Edit Datastore Configurations.

Yes, you'll have to switch the ABAP execution option mode to Execute Preloaded in the SAP datastore configuration for your PRD environment.

How do i know that it generated Abap Code sucessfully, what happens if i need to load few more tables later.

You have to generate the ABAP code in DEV, first. Being able to run your jobs in DEV means code has been generated fine. That's the code to transport to PRD. If your underlying data models are the same (and why wouldn't they be?), your code will run fine in PRD, too.

You'll have to transport all ABAP programs from DEV to PRD to make sure your program will run correctly in PRD environment.