Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Query - Questions on Transport

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abap Experts,

As a functional consultant . I am learning SAP Query with basics, like creating an infoset, creating a query assigning to a user group and so on,

I have created on infoset called xyz, in standard area , through our experts guidance i came to know we cant transport infoset in a standard area.

Hence i downloaded the file and uploaded,, but still there is no change in my quality system. then i moved the infoset from standard to Global, TR came through. i sucessfully transported. but now in quality system my infoset in both standard and globlal area.. Global area changes have reflected. but still in standard area , its not.

how to move the change from global to standard ,, how to remove the infoset which is there in global??? its quite confusing.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Sriram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member218424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

how to move the change from global to standard ,, how to remove the infoset which is there in global??

Below are details: -

SQ02 select your infoset -> click on environment button on up -> click on transport

you will get below options , select which is required this way you can move / copy from standard to global or global to standard

To delete infoset go to SQ02 there delete option is available, so that you can delete the infoset from there. But if you have used that infoset into query then it will not allow you to delete it. First you will need to remove the objects which has been used in query. Then only it will allow you to delete infoset. There should not be any dependency.

If you have successfully moved the changes from dev to quality system, then in quality system you will need to adjust, and generate the changes this is imp. Even if you move changes from quality to production it is important to generate the query.

one more imp thing, everytime you make changes in infoset, you need to generate query to reflect those changes

reply if you require more information.

Message was edited by: Kunal S

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The objects in the standard area are not connected to the transport organizer, take a look at this link to understand how the query transport works:Transporting Query Objects - SAP Query - SAP Library

Here is how to transport the standard area objects: Transporting Standard Area Objects - SAP Query - SAP Library

If you need a visual step by step, take a look at the end of this doc: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6018c1ae-8c44-2d10-6ea9-c3fad2c82...

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi Felipe and Jogeshwara,

Thank you so much for your guidance so far on SAP Query.  its really interesting when i am going through the document on this , but however i tried to upload in the target system

I have got an error , and assingment has been cancelled. May i know what exactly the error is . where should i fix it.

While uploading infoset i have got this error

0 Kudos

Screenshot attached.

former_member218424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

how to move the change from global to standard ,, how to remove the infoset which is there in global??

Below are details: -

SQ02 select your infoset -> click on environment button on up -> click on transport

you will get below options , select which is required this way you can move / copy from standard to global or global to standard

To delete infoset go to SQ02 there delete option is available, so that you can delete the infoset from there. But if you have used that infoset into query then it will not allow you to delete it. First you will need to remove the objects which has been used in query. Then only it will allow you to delete infoset. There should not be any dependency.

If you have successfully moved the changes from dev to quality system, then in quality system you will need to adjust, and generate the changes this is imp. Even if you move changes from quality to production it is important to generate the query.

one more imp thing, everytime you make changes in infoset, you need to generate query to reflect those changes

reply if you require more information.

Message was edited by: Kunal S

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

First of all thank you so much for your reply on this.  let me tell you exactly what i have done. i was actually struggling to learn how to transport the query from one system to another system.

I am very new to the SAP query.

i didnt know actually standard area doesnt prompt any TR request, but from our experts i came to know how exactly it works now. i was desperate of moving the things to another system, so the infoset which i have created in standard i copied to Global, so TR prompted and i moved to quality system. now in Dev and quality both in standard and global areas. My Infoset is there , now i would like to remove the infoset from Global area from both Dev and Quality. how would i do this?

Can i just simply delete it ? or through transport delete radio button helps us actually on it .???

Could you please clarify?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram.

Global area changes are handled by the Transport Organizer, so if you want to delete the global area it will be done via transport request.

For your reference:

Query Areas - SAP Query - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Standard Area is client specific it will not ask for transport request, if you want a transportable query then you must have to use Global Area is cross-client. You can switch this by choosing Environment button in menu bar.

Below are steps to create SAP Query.

1. Create use group. (SQ03) use Global Area i.e. cross client.
  2. Assign Users to and infosets(already created)

Assigning of users will restrict other users to change SAP Query.

First assign users, secondly assign infosets to user group.

3. Create Infoset. (SQ02)

4. Create SAP Query (SQ03)

If you want to delete infoset then you will have to delete it through request then transport it to quality system. If you delete infoset from transport it will just delete the entry not infoset. You will have to manually delete infoset using the delete button in SQ02.

For creating query you can also use 'SQVI' transaction.

Let me know if you require some more info.

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal ,

Excellent. thanks once again for your reply,  i have now understood the way it works.

so my requirement is like since i needed to transport the changes , though i have created the infoset in standard area. i have used copy option in transport option and move the infoset to quality system. now my infoset which i have created in Standard area is available in both standard area and global area in both dev and Quality.

So i would like remove the infoset which is in global area in dev and quality , how do i do that now??

Through program RSAQR3TR or can i go directly delete the infoset in Global Area in both dev and quality

You are really educating me on this SAP Query. thank you much once again.

Regards

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Any reply for the above?

Thanks

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Sorry for the late reply...

I am not sure about quality system.. how to delete query from there, as i have not tried it..

I created one test query but i cannot transfer it to quality for deletion purpose due to access restriction and permissions..

But you can delete standard queries directly in any system.. for global queries you will require request to delete ... you can use program 'RSAQR3TR' for deletion..

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Thanks once again. its been great. now i have understood how to do the import,export,upload, download and other things.

So deletion option in the program RSAQR3TR to delete any infoset, user groups right??? if yes then my understanding on those functionality is great.

So my last question would be regarding access issue. i have created an user group,infoset and a query and i have assigned my id to that user group. when my colleague when he tries to execute the same query he is able to run it and i never assigned his user id. then how come he is able to run.

Would you please throw some light?

Thanks

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Yes the deletion option is to delete infoset, user groups..

You have created query and gave access to yourself.. that doesnt mean others cannot run that query..

Access is regarding changing the query...Except you no one can change your query... only you can make changes into it..

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Is it??? i quickly check it and let you know in my system.

Thanks

Sriram

0 Kudos

SAP Query: Authorizations

Only the users for whom this field has been selected are authorized to change or create queries.

Authorization object S_QUERY controls authorization to change or create queries (value 02 in field 'ACTVT').
This check box allows you to revoke special user group authorization for users who have authorization according to authorization object S_QUERY.

Use

Revokes authorization to change or create queries for a specific user.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to check authorization object go to SU24 and check whether your colleague has access to SAP Query transactions.. if he has access then he can execute SAP Query transactions..

but generally user doesn't have access to such transaction.. that's why we create Transaction Code..