cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append functionality while importing values in to BRF+ decision table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem like when importing values into decision table through import excel it is overwriting the existing lines with the imported ones. Is there any way that we can append the imported values instead of overwriting. please help!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general how does the excel import work: it just syncs the entries of the uploaded excel with the content of your decision table:

• lines that are in the decision table but not in the excel are removed from the decision table
  • lines that are not in the decision table but in the excel are added to the decision table
  • lines that are in the decision table and in the excel are modified by the entries available in the excel

As a consequence it is not possible to add just a few lines to an existing decision table using the BRFplus excel upload functionality. This way you indeed delete all other lines of the table and add/insert just the few new lines.

What you have to process the following steps in order to fulfill your requirement:

• Export the complete table to excel
  • Add the new lines or in general adopt the entries in the excel
  • Upload the complete excel and BRFplus will act as described above

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct as usual.

I also see no problem with this procedure, since you need the export first in order to get the Excel sheet in the correct format.

My UD thinks this is about the coolest feature in BRF+.

BR Jürgen