cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sending QM Notification from SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is an issue with NC Logging and QM notification sent for the same order but from a different operation which is failing in MEINT.

The NC logging and QM notification sent from ME was successful say for operation 0010. This notification in ECC was processed and closed. Then for the same shop order but for a different SFC and on the next operation say 0020, I logged the same NC code. This time the only difference being that I had assigned data type to NC code to capture component number also.

But the error I am getting in MEINT is - "New entry not possible since notification already completed".

I was expecting that a new notification will be created since SFC and operation references are different in original document in trace report.

How is this supposed to work in such a scenario which is quite possible in a shop floor?

Would be thankful to for any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The logic here is derived from the QualityNotificationHandler.

By default the logic is checking for any QN raised for the order that the NC is logged against. If it doesn't exist it creates one and if one does exist then it updates it.

Within the handler above there is a sequence number 9 called 'if  QN Does not Exist'.  Within the configure links of this there is the following:

stringlength(GetQualityNotifDetail.qualityNotification)<=0

Save a copy of this handler to a new folder and try changing the 0 to a something like 10 then click update and save to a different location. Change the QN workflow parameters to reference this new file. Log a few NC's against the same Order and each should create a new QN. This will stop the issue you are seeing when the QN is closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for the input. I am working with my tech team and will revert back on this as soon as done and tested.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please bear in mind that there are limitations with this method as if you edit an NC, ME cancels original NC and creates a new one.  Without some additional changes to the logic here, this will trigger a new QN unfortunately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

I will check it out and revert. But I feel it may be possible that there are multiple operations for test from where QN can be triggered and then it may be necessary to have different QN?

Regards,

Srinivas