cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report redistribution licencing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our company designs a system to produce calibration reports for factory environments. As part of

our system we have designed custom crystal reports built into the software.

My question is, when selling our software, is a crystal report licence required for each of our customers
that installs our software to their local server and if so which license would we require if we want to sell
the licence and our software as a package.

Thank you for your time

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

-What is the version of SAP Crystal Report?

-What is the version of MS Visual studio?

-Is there a Business Objects Enterprise server? If yes then the version along with the patch?

Thanks,

Jayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am using both:
SAP Crystal Report: Runtime engine for .Net Framework (13.0.9.1312),

SAP Crystal Report: Version for Microsoft visual Studio (13.0.9.1312)

on my development pc.

I am running visual studio 2012.

And no there is no business objects enterprise server.

Thanks for you time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the information.

-To run the crystal report after you deploy your application on any machine.You don't need to install the CR designer every where inspite of that you just need to install the redistributables.

-This redistributable will provide you all the required dll's to run the application.

-And for the installation of these redistributables as well as executable for CR for dev version of VS 2010 you dont need any licensing.

-It is freely available. You get get the redistibutables from below link:

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloads

-You will see different types of redistibutables available .msi, msm and click once.

-So according to the deployment type you need to choose your runtimes.

Please download the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET SDK Developer Guide and check deployment part

-Accordingly you can choose your runtimes.

-It is alwasy good to go with latest service pack as for now the latest one is Service pack 13.

NOTE: Its alwasy good to be on same patch considering your executables(Crystal report for dev version of vs 2010) and runtimes

Thanks,

Jayashree

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR for VS licensing aspects depend on type of application (win/web) and the intended use (internal / external).

This issue is discussed in detail, see below posts.

Please search before posting. a simple search in the top right corner search box on this page with keywords "crystal, runtimes, licensing" returned these articles.

Thanks,

Bhushan

0 Kudos

And note that SP 9 has serious issues with WEB applications so you should upgrade to the latest SP 13.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i have a web based application that will be installed on my local server that our customers can then access online. Do i need an addition licence for each customer as  we already have one licence for the server.

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Click on the Overview tab and on the left side you'll see a link about Licensing, check that out on what you are able to do.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see:

and:

Further questions re. licensing should be posed to sales: 866-681-3435, 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Answers (0)