cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred in invoking event "contextInitialized()" on listener class com.sap.me.frame.AppStartupListener

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got stuck in ME POD creation using SDK. I have created a web project and added dependency engine.jee5.facade, me/biuldplugin-resources, me/domain, me/papi, me/wpmf/libs, tc/ui/faces. I have also created the Managed Beans and required classes. I also updated faces-config.xml and created jsp as per my requirement.

Next I have created an ear project and added web project within the dependency. Within ear project I have also updated the application.xml file for context root (PODTEST). Now I built and deployed the ear in server. After successful deployment I am trying to test it in browser with URL http://<Host>:<Port>/PODTEST/mypod.jsp

But getting error like “500 Internal Server error. Error: Application error occurred during the request processing.  Error occurred in invoking event "contextInitialized()" on listener class com.sap.me.frame.AppStartupListener.”

Can you please help if I am missing anything or what can be the cause of error.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan ,

Please check that you have deleted content below from web.xml :

<servlet>

<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

Also please check that you have only one Web DC defined as dependency to EAR DC.

I had the same error when created two Web DC and added them as dependency to EAR DC.

Regards,

Oksana

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I already removed that part from web.xml and I have only one ear for that web project (only one web and one ear). But still I am getting error. Can you please provide any other suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you create service-config.xml file in Web DC ?

Should be created in Java Resources --> source folder.

Content  , replace vendorID with your own vendor value:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE service-config SYSTEM "http://www.visiprise.com/dtd/service-config.dtd">

<service-config moduleId="com.vendorID.webext">

<import moduleId="com.sap.me.activity" service="ExtensionLoaderParent"/>

<service name="ExtensionLoader" parent="ExtensionLoaderParent"/>

</service-config>

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Yes, I have the service-config.xml with the source folder of web dc project.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE service-config SYSTEM "http://www.visiprise.com/dtd/service-config.dtd">

<service-config moduleId="com.demo.webext">

<!-- Import required to create a new business service. -->

<import moduleId="com.sap.me.activity" service="ExtensionLoaderParent"/>

<service name="ExtLoaderService" parent="ExtensionLoaderParent"/>

</service-config>

Thanks

Chandan

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Do you have warnings/errors during the Build phase in NWDS?

Deploy can be successful even if Build phase has errors.

Regards,

Oksana

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

I just build and deployed the project again. No error/warning for building but at deployment I got some worning. The warning is like below

Description:
1. Warning occurred on server during update of <EAR_project_name>ear : Web Model Builder: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000043 tag handler type "com.sap.tc.ls.internal.faces.tag.TagTileLayoutCell" referenced by annotation could not be loaded., file: <WEB_project_name>web.war#com.sap.tc.ls.internal.faces.tag.TagTileLayoutCell, severity: warning

CSN component of deployment item is not available
2. Warning exception has been returned while the [<EAR_project_name>ear] was starting. Warnings:[
][
Warning occurred on server during startApp of <EAR_project_name>ear : Cannot parse jsp [/usr/sap/<XXX>/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/<project path>/<EAR_project_name>ear/servlet_jsp/PODTEST/root/com/sap/me/wpmf/client/template.jsp]. Error is: [Cannot parse custom tag with short name [body].].
]

Result

Thanks

Chandan

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The second warning is important , it can be the reason why you can't open your custom POD.

Thanks,

Oksana

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I also think the same. Do you have any idea for that warning.

"Cannot parse custom tag with short name [body].]."

Thanks

Chandan

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan ,

open that template.jsp and search for 'body'. I hope it will give you ideas what is wrong.

Regards,

Oksana