cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am new to SAP but with 18+ years of experience as a corporate travel manager. I would like to know at this stage of career would this module fetch any advantage in targeting new roles in India or UAE? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

The scope of answer to your question is very extensive in relation to targeting new roles on different geographical locations

I suggest you do a thorough search on this topic and then make your mind with the choices you have been given in this industry globally

However SAP is all about improving the current process in a systematic way especially with SAP Cloud in place from few years. Please find few of the important reasons to implement SAP travel management into any company, you can find appropriate documents and slides online to guide you:

TOP 10 REASONS FOR CHOOSING SAP® TRAVEL MANAGEMENT

1. It is an end-to-end solution requiring no development or additional interfaces.

2. It is completely integrated with financials, HCM, operations, workflow, and reporting features of mySAP ERP.

3. It provides a global solution in local (country-specific) versions that ensure international legal compliance.

4. It dramatically reduces indirect costs by automating your processes and workflow.

5. It ensures improved compliance with company travel policy and negotiated travel contracts.

6. It strengthens your ability to negotiate prices and rates with travel providers through a unique user interface and advanced booking features.

7. It consolidates bookings and provides a reliable analysis of travel information and costs through synchronization with SAP and reservation systems.

8. Its easy-to-use functions are offered as an employee self-service, available 24x7, online and offline.

9. Its efficient accounting cycles and up-to-date cost information result in better cash flow.

10. It maximizes your SAP investment by increasing your return on investment.

Hope it helps

Regards

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritu, Very clear thanks. The important point I have missed out is that I am not employed at the moment and trying to do this module to widen the scope of my job search. Lastly please can you recommend a good faculty who can offer training (online / Face to Face) Thanks again..Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I dont know if you are based in India or outside, if in India, please check SAP authorised course syllabus with ATOS or any SAP authorised training center as they dont take SAP travel management as a separate module

It comes under SAP FICO however it is a part of SAP HCM

For online training courses, please check on youtube and there are number of training centres to provide you help online

Regards

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP technical course name is AC270 (www.training.sap.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritu, I am based in India and looking for suitable openings in the Travel Management Domain. Have previously worked for Citi, Deloitte, Igate and Capgemini..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, Is this integral part of Finance & Control or Finance & PS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is. Actually it is between modules form human resources and finance. Technically in the SAP ERP system it is "FI-TV" - so finance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

everything Ritu explained is still true, and SAP Travel Management is still a good and reliable product, and one of the few products really working globally.

But pls do not forget, it is already in maintenance mode, which means that it is considered as perfectly working without any new functions to be developed. Only legal changes will be added to the solution. I already has today some weak areas, like mobile use.

You may have noticed that SAP acquired Concur as an end-to-end travel management cloud based solution. To me it seems that most of the future activities of SAP will focus on Concur. The own solution SAP Cloud for Travel has already been removed from price list and will most probably not be continued once the current contracts are finished.

If you are new to that area and want to start a new carreer based on SAP travel management, I would kindly ask you to think carefully about it. For you, it will be better to focus on Concur as well.

regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael, Is Concur now part of SAP modules? Regards, Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is now part of SAP company.

When it comes to cloud solutions, the old logics of "modules" can no longer be applied.

Each solution is operating as standalone, feeded by other systems with master data, and feeding other systems with results.

It is also a shared environment, so it is not "yours" as an ERP module used to be.

We all need to change our way of thinking. Cloud is not a technical innovation. It is a change in mind, and a change in business model.

regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Michael, If i take a pragmatic approach, how will training and certification happen for Travel management folks.. thanks again, ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those of you who want to make familiar with Concur:

Resource Center - Concur

and the one even harder to find (hurry up - this will be only available until end of March)

http://www.concurtraining.com/customers/concur/trainingtoolkit/index.asp

happy weekened, Michael