cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have loaded data for 2 LE's ( LE- A with local currency AUD and LE-B with local currency IDR). The value of data is 95000 local units. I have defined a business rule validation wherein if the local units exceeds 2000 local units the system has to trigger an error. When i am triggering the business rule validation for both LE's , LE-A triggers and error whereas LE's B does not trigger an error.

The validation is defined only with FS Items ( it is not restricted by LE's) as a condition and it works the same for all LE's, and in the given scenario the total value of all FS Items give for the validation is 95000 local units.

Further the Period value LC for both LE's appear to be same in List of totals records

Can any of you please let know what would be the cause of this mis-behaviour and is this expected.

Thanks

Paramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paramesh,

Can you please expand the validation log in the monitor and analyze the details? This should give some good indications regarding how the data is being interpreted by the validation.

If that doesn't help, please provide the log details in this thread for further assistance from the experts.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

I had verified the log on the validations , for LE A the value is 95000 LC units whereas for LE B the value is 950 LC units. Further i would like to add that the Currency of LE B has been maintained with 0 decimals in the TCurX table. Although decimals have been maintained as 0 i have loaded 95000 lc units for LE B and i expect the validation also to consider the same , but that is not the case .

Is this and expected system behaviour is what is my doubt.

Thanks

Paramesh

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For LE B, does the list of totals report show 95000 lc units or 950? My guess is that it shows 950 because that is what the validation is interpreting.

If that is the case, then there is another problem and it is not the validation but the way the data is loaded or mapped for LE B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

The List of Totals Records shows the value of 95000 LC units , but when i observe the transaction cube the value appears differently as below.

When the option "Do not use conversion" is enabled in the transaction cube the value displayed is 95000 lc units and when the option is unchecked the value is 950 LC units. It appears as 950.00 LC units.

Please let know if you need more info on this end.

Thanks

Paramesh

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with the transaction cube setting for "do not use conversion". However, that setting may resolve the issue.

One more thing please. When you execute the list of totals with the setting to use the consolidation logic (I think it is the mode at the bottom of the selections) with transaction cube as it was originally, does the value change to 950 versus the 95000 units? If so, this would indicate that the "do not use conversion" being enabled will resolve the problem. However it must also be confirmed that all of the other values are correct with that setting as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Sorry to say i would not be able to share the screen shot , but below is the validation syntax

Condition(Version)--> LCYTD(SINGLE SELECTION)/400001=0

Single Selection - FS Items + Movement Type Combination

We have not defined at any other place tolerance.

Thanks

Paramesh

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paramesh

Could you please the screen  print or explanation how you maintain tolerance limit in validation rule.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

The Validations is Blanket validation applicable to all LE's i.e there is no restriction based upon companies mentioned in the validation. There is no group by setting defined for this validation either upon fs item nor upon company.

As explained above i have verified the values for both the LE's and they are same in the List of Totals Records.

My only worry is about the tolerance of 2000 defined in the validation , it work fine for LE A but works for LE B only at phenomenally great amount i.e 100 times more than the original.

Do let know you views.

Thanks

Paramesh

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parameshwaran

Few questions I have please see below and reply:

Validation rule which is defined and attached to method is applicable for all LE or individual method for each LE.

Is Group by setting defined on FS Item and Company?

Check the values for each LE which are applicable for validation rule or not?

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

My views are that when i have defined a LC YTD with a tolerance of 2000 , the system should trigger an error for both LE's , whereas that is not. LE B triggers an error for an exceptionally huge value loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

The Validation syntax is

Condition(Version)--> LCYTD(SINGLE SELECTION)/400001=0

Single Selection - FS Items + Movement Type Combination

The data loaded in the system for both LE are part of the FS Item selection and MT Selection.

I would also like to add one more point here, when same data is loaded for LE A and LE B the validation triggers error only for LE A only whereas not for LE B , further when i load LE B with a value 100 times the original value then the validation triggers even for LE B.

Do let know if you need further information

Thanks

Paramesh

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paramesh,

I'd be glad to help you with this but need more specific details. Please provide the exact details of the data and validation configuration.

Looking forward to hearing this information and providing assistance.

Dan