cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Launch Pad creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement of new launch pad creation and to access the same from portal 7.3.

I have created the launch pad in R/3 Lpd_Cust transaction,but could not find a way to link it from portal.

We are on portal version  7.30.7 ,R/3: ECC6 EHP6.

Please help.

Thanks,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear siddharth,

We have WD ABAP based ESS/MSS add on in our EHP5.We are on WDA ESS/MSS.I have prepared custom launch pad by copying the existing one.I would like to know if it is possible to create a new lauch pad as an entry point ,without copying ESS/MSS launch pad on EHP5.

Thanks,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, its flexible, you can create it or if you want you can reuse existing etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandhar,

Thanks for your reply.could you please share the process steps for creating a new launch pad ,without copying existing ess/mss launchpad?

thanks,

Anil

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just to let you know, you cant recreate new one without using the standard one, You wont get the launcpad entry you are seeking, it ll be similar to ESS/MSS one which you have currently, as that ll remain the base! I hope i m clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you siddharth.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to copy the standard ESS Launch pad, even though my role is noway related  with ESS/MSS?

If I have to integrate BI/BO applications ,to portal as a new launch pad,should I follow the same procedure which is suggested by you.

Thanks,

Anil.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

note that if you dont have WD ABAP based ESS or MSS add on in your EHP5 release, you cant use launchpad! You need to upgrade then to WDA Can you confirm if you are on JAVA or WDA ESS?MSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth and Yugandhar,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to have launchpads for all the applications(ESS/MSS and many other customized applications) which are existing on portal as roles.

we are on EHP5 and EP 7.3.

Also we need to integrate Bi/BO reports into portal as an entry point launchpad.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Anil.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can reuse the standard one, ie ESS MENU etc, which are available and added or integrate custom ones into launcpad. http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2012/03/29/launch-pad-customization-in-sap-essan-overview http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2014/10/07/step-by-step-process-for-... there are many blogs available on this topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple, you can take the SAP standard ESS role and track it back but let me give u the main idea.

Create a WebDynro iView with these properties:

Application name: HRESS_A_MENU

Configuration name: HRESS_AC_MENU

System: <ur system>

With this u will have iView with stand ard ESS lpd.

For custom one, create the Z version for HRESS_AC_MENU

And from there go to the Launch pad uibb: HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP, create a copy of it and then modify and give ur launch pad details.

Basically you are adding Launch pad uibb to ur ovp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need this launc pad for

Fiori or UI5 apps or for ESS & MSS app. Solution might defer based on the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

Thanks for your reply.Yes, I have to develop a complete new lauch pad as an entry point role from portal.

I have gone through the link which you have provided.

But my client is not implementing FIory now.

Could you please share if any existing SAP steps/process to create new launch pad without Fiory version.?

Thanks,

Anil.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

well we have for ESS/MSS launchpad, but it ll not be like FIORI as an entry point as shown above. it ll be hr renewal one, Are you on EHp7? http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2015/01/23/configuration-of-ui5-based-landing-page-in-hr-r... Fiori is the one  which is meant to be the entry point for portal in new releases

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

which launchpad, can you clarify? ESS/MSS< or complete new one as a entry point? http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53178