Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save layout related objects in Eclipse

former_member185171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm rather new in ABAP in Eclipse, but I thought one could save the layout of a set of related objects in Eclipse.

What I mean:

I am working on a 'project' and have a program and two classes opened in Eclipse. Always when I work on this project, I need these three objects. Is there a way to save this layout - these 3 tabs with the 3 objects - so that I can open them all 3 together?

Thanks for helping.

Kris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

you can use the mylyn Taskframework in Eclipse to group editors based on tasks.

When you activate the task the related editors are opened. When you deactivate the task the editors will be closed. That's one of the coolest features in eclipse to organize your developer work.

Get some impression here: Mylyn In Action In Eclipse - YouTube

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

3 REPLIES 3

matthias_becker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Eclipse does save the layout of the workbench (how the views are arranged, which editors are open) at shutdown. So you can continue tomorrow at the place where you stopped today.

If you have objects you regularly work on, you cut put there packages to your "favourite packages".

An additional option is to use the eclipse standard bookmark view to bookmark single development objects.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos

That is correct.

But what if I have closed all 3 objects before closing Eclipse, worked on some other things afterwards. When I close Eclipse it saves the last layout.

Can I spick-up  the layout with the former 3 objects that are related?

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

you can use the mylyn Taskframework in Eclipse to group editors based on tasks.

When you activate the task the related editors are opened. When you deactivate the task the editors will be closed. That's one of the coolest features in eclipse to organize your developer work.

Get some impression here: Mylyn In Action In Eclipse - YouTube

Kind Regards,

Thomas.