cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing cannot be prolonged as trace is not active anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to trace afterModify event in extended BO. When I click on  "Start Tracing" Button on Cloud Application Studio Trace Explore view. I get "Tracing cannot be prolonged as trace is not active anymore" error.

Do I have to any additional setting for enabling the trace ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shrikant Kamble

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Did you ever figure out how to get around this error?

thanks

ginger

TomK
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I am getting the same error msg. in my 1502 tenant. May you open an incident for this?

Did you consider to debug it? This is working fine for me.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I will open incident for this issue. I am also working on 1502 tenant.

I have statement in my Action

Trace.Info("Message");

When I debug, program stops at debug point, but does not displays any trace statement in output view. Please see attachment. 

I am using trace functionality first time. Does output view display "Trace"  in drop down ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shrikant Kamble

TomK
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

with debug mode you can see live how your values in your object or variables are changing. The trace has nothing to do with that. You can move step-by-step over your coding.

You have a view called "Locals" where you can see your variables. In the Output view (that you show in your post) you will only be notified for which user you have started the debugger. You can start the debugger also for a business user.

May you have a look into the PDI-Guide (SAP Cloud Applications Studio – SAP Help Portal Page "Complete help: Print version"). There you will find a section "Debugging Quick Guide". This might help you?

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

As per 1502 documentation (pdf version) : page 543.

As per my understanding, tracing should work if I turn on debugger, but I guess there is some issue with trace functionality altogether. I can see Locals view, during debugging and its working as expected.

I have opened an incident. I will post the findings .

Thanks & Regards,
Shrikant Kamble

TomK
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

ok. I did not read that yellow box :-)!

Why would tracing help you, but not debugging in your case? From my perspective debugging is more powerful then tracing.

Which benefit are you expecting from the trace?

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

As per my understanding debugging can be used for one user. Debug we need to specify the business user or debug will start with SDK login user.

Tracing will be available across all the users.

- Shrikant

TomK
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

ok, I see.

Best regards

Tom