cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically change the order in which the Section is displayed using inproc RAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very new to using inproc RAS. I've managed to create a new report document with one section with one Text object added using inproc RAS.

I'm in need of your help for the following:

1. Please let me know if there is a simple way to achieve rearranging the Sections in a desired format. I'm aware that Removing and adding Section are possible.

2. Please give me a code snippet or a tutorial link to delete a section from the document.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik Sivakumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Please provide more info on "rearranging" sections. What sections, from where to where, etc.

Re. code. See the following for sample apps:

Developer Help Files:

Report Application Server .NET SDK Developer Guide

Report Application Server .NET API Guide

The search box  in the top right corner should also help. Try 'ras crystal net' to start with.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

First of all Thanks for the links that you provided.

I have an existing report that consists of a main report and several subreports which has several sections suppressed based on the required condition.

User wants an option in the UI to change the order in which the sections are displayed.

Is it possible to read the schema of the existing report and modify it as required using inproc RAS?

I'm using CR10.5 with VS2008.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik Sivakumar.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthic

If you are using CR 10,5, then you are not using InProc RAS as that version of CR did not include the RAS SDK. You'd need to obtain CR 2008 which will install version 12.x assemblies for InProc RAS.

Sales ph: 866-681-3435, 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry for the confusion.

The report version is 10.5 but the dlls being referred to in the application is of version 13. I hope RAS is applicable to this.

Can I be able to read the schema of this 10.5 report and modify it using the sample code given in the link: http://search.sap.com/ui/notes?id=0001283585&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6...

Answers (0)