cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Bizcard config/customization...."split"?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok...so an employee at my client's site asked me an interesting one. This is NOT work I am doing nor billing for, so let me get that out of the way. This is something they are working on and asked if I might know. Well, since I have not touched ESS in a bit (been doing a LOT of HCM P&F work) nor played around with bizcard set-ups, I figured I would ask their question here.

The important bits.....they are on ECC 6.0 Basis version 7.31....HR release 6.04 SP-level 0079....and yes, they access ESS via their portal.

Now the question.....

They use to store "emergency" phone number on IT0105. Now, they want to use IT0006. However, they want this "split" on Bizcards for this. They want to display their existing "Addresses" bizcard that allows them to add/edit/read what they have out there for address info. However, they want to display a similar bizcard that shows IT0006 but only the phone numbers they listed/entered for each address type (no address info shown). It should be something like....

And I am sure their next questions will be (1) how do we change the bizcard box title to "Phone Number" (or something like that) (2) how do we change the label for phone number? Fun stuff! haha

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for help/ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I looked into this a little bit and the second BizCard should not be that hard to accomplish even with the same Infotype.

1. You need to create a custom version of the HRESS_CC_PER_OVP if you do not already have one (And a custom Application Config etc if that is not already in place --> going to assume whoever does it is familiar with FPM).
  2. In the overview screen of this customized Component Configuration you need to create a new List IUBB --> Let's call it Address #2 and it should look something like this.

Next, we need to customize the standard config ID for this new UIBB that we just created from to point away from the standard  HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX --> to a custom version ZHRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX and assign it where I have it highligted under Config ID in the screenshot above. Within this Config ID for Address, we need to update the custom version to only have the fields we care about (Telephone number in this case)

That should give you the extra biz card as seen below.

There may be some additional configuration needed for the detail screen or whatnot, but I am sure it can be accomplished.

Thanks,

Imran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

For infotype 105, we have communications view in personal profile.

We can enable and show the required subtype of 105.

I didnot understand the relation between 0006 and 0105, you want to update the emegency address and it should internally update IT0105's respective subtype.

For displaying only phone number, we can have subtype specific screen, its though Zconfig as pointed out by Imran. Its simple and straight forward.

The main challenge here is in splitting Address into two views in personal profile, SAP standard address will show all the subtypes in one place.

May be from the feeder class or any other location we can try to restrict the emergency address showing up.

For ur 2nd view showing only emergency address. Creating a custom view with respective custom feeder class  would be simple solution. I personal prefer  showing communications view instead of custom one.

Let us know if you are looking for some thing else. We can implement same in different ways.

Regards,

Yugandhar

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yougandhar.... they have been using IT0105 for emergency phone number before. However, they do NOT want to do that anymore. They want to switch and use IT0006. So that is the thing....well, that and the silly usability thing they are concerned about (ie. that users will try to "add" an address when all they want to do is add a phone number to an address. haha

And the second card would not "filter" to only emergency address subtype....it would list all addresses allowed in normal ESS config....so there would possibly be phone numbers for each.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this "users will try to "add" an address when all they want to do is add a phone number", its simple, we can create ZHRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX and the Z detail screen. And in the Z version you can remove all the unwanted fields and can only keep phone number. Imran has given the details for this.

By doing this we can have separate subtype specific screen.

Yes by default the 2nd card and 1st card would not be able to filter subtypes until we do some explicit coding for filtering it.

Does it work if you have subtype specific screen or you still need the split

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not my decision (or work) to make. This is all for them to decide. I am hoping they will just keep the same info together and trust in their users (and proper communication) to insure the changes/updates are correct. haha

And yes, I do a LOT of FPM development (with HCM P&F of course) so this approach is straightforward enough.....just not sure they will follow along (though they already have a custom "Address" component config....I checked....so they at least understand that much of it haha)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok . In case if they still want split, then create the custom card for ur 2nd split.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But, when we edit the Telephone ie in Address 2, and different dates as opposed to Address1 in Imrans lucid answer, we ll end with new record so we need to ensure that we pull the existing record and its always in edit mode, and validity fields are not editable, cause, its updating IT0006 only.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have enough on my plate. No time to be doing the ESS work too. If only I could clone myself...... haha

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

All excellent points by Siddharth & Yugandhar. I do agree that it would be best to keep the information together as SAP designed it, but if the client does decide to go down that route then they at least have a starting point with some information. Best of luck to whoever ends up working on this.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trust me.....I tried to argue the same points (and let them know how much easier it would be to keep together, the page/screen space saved, etc.). We will see what they decide. I am a consultant....I can only consult....the client makes their own decision.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Good idea, but how about if we have multiple subtypes, how are we controling and telling only emergency subtype  should appear in Address 2 of ur example.

For me looks likes,it might need some coding:

1.For stopping emegency subtype visible in Address 1

2. for showing  only Emergency subtype in Address 2.

Regards

Yugandhar

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EDIT: to add another wrench into this.....they want to remove the ability for the "add" icon/link/button on the second card and only allow users to edit phone numbers on the existing address listings shown.

The underlying issue for them (and I voiced this) is the user experience/friendliness. They are worried that if they list the phone number along with the address info, that a user will see the blank phone number(since they used IT0105 before) and click "add" instead of "edit" (the "pencil" icon). I suggested that be handled in some training (change mgmt communication, doc, etc) or some easier way since I can see the user having the same issue if the telephone is listed separate anyways. That is where the "how about we remove ADD on the second bizcard?" haha