cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When running AFAB no information showing up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

First mass asset posting was made on Nov 2014, depreciation was supposed to start on 12.01.2014.

When running AFAB for period 12 on year 2014 no information is shown. But when running it for period 01 / 2014 assets are shown.

What do I need to change or check in order for my assets to post on december 2014? I already check the asset information and the Depreciation start date is correct.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

You can check tab "planned values" in AW01N to see for an asset the depreciation that is planned per period. This is the value expected to be posted by AFAB. First you should check if you agree to the planned values shown. If the values are not what you expect, there is something wrong in the asset.

A depreciation run in period 12.2014 will also post remaining depreciation for all preceding periods (01 to 11). So if AFAB lists some values when run for period 01.2014 I expect it to show a result also in subsequent periods.

If there is no output at all, check if there is some problem listed in the error log (F7). Maybe you just start AFAB as "planned run" while it should be run as "unplanned run" for period 12. There can be a lot of other reasons, but without further info it's not possible to say.

Best regards, Michael

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

First check the period maintained as last posted depreciation for the co.code in OAYC. If it is 12/2014, then system will calculate depreciation from 01.2015 onwards. If you want to calculate for Dec month, then change it as 11/2014, then it will calculate for Dec'2014 onwards.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean that you upload the asset balance on Nov. 2014 with its accumulated Deprecation.. ? but you need only to run Dec . 2014?

if not the system is calculating correct.. you need to run first the Jan till Dec in order to calculate the deprecation expense correctly.

finally the deprecation calculating based on regulation in period control as said above you may control them in AFAMP.

and then assign the new period control key in the asset class you need..

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please verify AFAMP transaction.

The link below details better

Start Depreciation One Month After Capitalization of Asset - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Thank,

Artur