cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while write off in LI20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to clear WM differences through LI20. The system inventory document number is 37 to clear differences for single bin "LENSES" in storage type "005". The bin has been counted with 20% increase.

I am receiving an error, while write off -  "Storage bin 0000000037 in storage type 005 does not exist (check your entry)".

I am not sure how storage bin "37" is being checked? Could the expert group help me to rectify the issue!

Best wishes,
Shaily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per standard System should create a inventory document number as dynamic bin number (based on the movement type setting) . Could you please check the setting  for movement type (712 - scr should be checked) also please share the error message number along with the screenshot of the steps (if possible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Standard has been maintained for movement types 712 - source and scr cheked. (similar to your screenshot)

system inventory doc # 37

the doc has been counted 20% more.

The error message while write of is as below -

Error message -

No storage bin selected for clearing

Message no. L4147

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show us the stock list for this material with all its bins and quants? e.g. from LS24

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my analysis Message L4147 comes only when you have not selected the bin and trying to do the Write off, Also this message is classified as S and not E,

could you please share the step wise screenshot of the process which you are following

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bin has stock of only one material. The stock list of material is below, but would this contribute for counting at bin level ?

I am following steps below -

1. Go to tcode LI20. enter warehouse inventory record

2. Select storage bin

3. Click write off

4. error message dsplayed

The setup - the bin has single quant. System inventory record created and activated to count this bin only.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using any industry based  package (Retail or AFS) as i can see one difference in screen (in my ECC it is material whereas in your case it is article. in my opinion this should not impact as standard flow remains same however just curious to know

Also could you please share the screenshot of error message as well as screenshot of movement type  712

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS Retail. My bad - did not mention earlier

error -

Mvt 712 has been set same as your movement type screen shared before. Source populated with storage type and Scr. checked.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Text for message number L4147 is  "No storage bin selected for clearing" and the screen which you shared is having the different error message

could you please recheck the error message number and share

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

L3004