Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCU3 not all changes are stored

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have notice that all changes are not stored in the SCU3 transaction. I can see some registers in the Z table but i can't see its log in the SCU3. If the table has a huge number of modify, insert and deletes in a short period of time, is it possible that any change will be lost? .

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brice_lagaly
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tables are logged only if functionnality is activated in table setting (SE11>Goto>Technical setting):

There shoudn't be any reason to loose changes, whatever is the quantity of change you do...

11 REPLIES 11

brice_lagaly
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tables are logged only if functionnality is activated in table setting (SE11>Goto>Technical setting):

There shoudn't be any reason to loose changes, whatever is the quantity of change you do...

0 Kudos

Hi Brice,

That mark is checked, and i can see changes in the table reflected in the SCU3 transaction, but i've noticed that some changes are not present in an easy way: the X register is in the table but it is not present in the SCU3.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Did that happen when only fields attached to data element without the change document flag set in the Further Characteristics tab?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

This happens with insert and delete operations in the table. The flag, afaik, is for all the table records. However, sometimes the insert and delete operations appears in SCU3.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Are there error messages in system log or database manager?

Are db commit executed after every update?

Are there many updates on a single record in the same second?

Are some programs using native SQL?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Does it have a link with parameter 'rec/client' (RZ11) as explained in field help ? But this define the global activation of log... so I guess this will not solve your issue...

Help on this parameter: Logging Customizing Objects - Customizing System Setting (BC-CUS) - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Are there error messages in system log or database manager?

I haven't check these options.

Are db commit executed after every update?

Not an explicit Commit Work instruction. By via se16n i can see records that they are not in the SCU3.

Are there many updates on a single record in the same second?

They aren't. There is a job to insert the registers (by Modify instruction) and later a module-pool that lets the user can modify or delete the register.

Are some programs using native SQL?

Not, they aren't.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Brice,

The current value, is ALL.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean that you found the log table entry (corresponding to your change), but this entry is not display in SCU3 ?

Have you played with SCU3 checkboxes ?

What do you mpean by "X register" ? what is flag afaik ?

0 Kudos

Hi Brice,

Solved. The parameter was only activated in the central instance and it must be activated in all instances or in the default one.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks for feedback...

Afterward, it seems logic...