Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different VBE error in two different version of Excel

former_member605329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I have a issue with one client because when they run the reports in their computers,Excel shows a error in VBE. I worked in Excel 2013 and the client have other versión (Excel 2007 or Excel 2010). The issue occurs when one macro run in their computers, if I run the reports and macros in my computer all its ok.

Excel shows different VBE errors. I tried to lock potencial errors and I only could see one difference, its that we have different version of libraries in VBE. is it may be the fault??. The computers where all runs ok has libraries 15.0 but the computer of client has Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library and Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Library.

The macro stop in different points. For example:

Page=Activesheet.Name

(This picture is the references availables in my computer)

What can happen? Any input or idea its good received!

This is the diferent errors:

Other time the error was this: Error run time 32809 but I read a discussion in SCN but when I erase the MSforms.exd it didn't solve the problem.

The discussion is: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3699920

The EPM that I use is 10.0 SP 19 and the client has installed the new 20 versión.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Jose Blesa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member605329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!!

Finally, I could solve the issue creating the Macros in a version of Microsoft Excel 2010.

I don't know why it occurs, but i think that it's important because a lot of users will have microsoft Excel 2010.

Thanks for help me

Regards.

Jose Blesa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've run into similar issues with KB2553154 on Excel 2013 and 2010.  Didn't know it affected 2007 but try getting the patch installed on all computers to ensure compatibility with files modified by patched machines.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The issue you have is related to MS security updates. And there is no 100% solution of this issue. Please read documents and discussions on the Microsoft site...

Vadim