Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with reduced message type for matmas

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement to send whole material data using MATMAS message type whenever any field changes from MM02. I have searched in SCN and found out that we can achieve this using reduced message type. Now I have created reduced mesasge type from BD53. For testing I have selected 2 segments only and selected all the fields in that 2 segments also. After this I have activated the change pointer for this new message type. Did BD84 for distrubution model and generated parter profile.

Now when I do changes in MM02 and save, it is still giving me delta Idoc only, not complete Idoc. Could anyone please suggest if I miss something.

Thanks & Regards,
Swarna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, to my knowledge SAP is always using delta IDOC when using ALE change pointers. Also when using reduced message type.

We created a customer build processing function module Z_MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_MATMAS. It can be assigned to the message type. So processing is using the standard transactions. In the function module finally MASTERIDOC_CREATE_REQ_MATMAS is called. This function creates a complete MATMAS IDOC.

Regards Jack

4 REPLIES 4

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, to my knowledge SAP is always using delta IDOC when using ALE change pointers. Also when using reduced message type.

We created a customer build processing function module Z_MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_MATMAS. It can be assigned to the message type. So processing is using the standard transactions. In the function module finally MASTERIDOC_CREATE_REQ_MATMAS is called. This function creates a complete MATMAS IDOC.

Regards Jack

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jack. Yes it seems to be like that. It will create delta IDoc only in both the cases. However, coming to the z function module you have mentioned, instead of writing the whole code I think we can directly submit the BD10 program by passign appropriate parameters.

Regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

Yes... Full data can be sent by submitting to BD10 instead of BD21.

But I believe reduced message type is not required as all data is required. BD53 is used to reduce the segments/fields in the message type.

0 Kudos

Hi, there is a SAP function module COD_MAT_GROSS_REPL_WITH_CP that exactly does ! It can be assigned to the MATMAS message type in view V_TBDME.

The function module is part of 'Sales on Demand services' add on which might not be installed in every ERP system.

Regards Jack