Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax classification Indi for Excise Condition

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using TAXINN procedure and will be maintaining excise duty rates for excise duty condition with VK11 in SD. Now as we know we have provision to maintain various forms (such as Form C, Form I for deemed export, Form H for export) as customer tax classification indicator in OVK1/ OVK2 settings. I wanted to use tax class. indi. as H (export customer) for excise duty condition JEXP and maintain zero excise duty rate for it so that at least I can track form.

Now, in standard SAP, JEXP is a discount and surcharge condition. Tax class. Indi. can be added in OVK3 only if condition's class is 'Tax'. How can I achieve this functionality ? I checked the use of Excise indicator for Customer in J1ID but it is not available at sales order pricing level.

thanks

Mandar

10 REPLIES 10

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, you should use Condition Type JMOP for Excise.

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I could not find JMOP in V/06 ( I have JMOD which is Tax). Am i missing something ? below is the screenshot of excise conditions available in V/06 in our installation. not sure if something is missed out or which conditions should be selected in pricing procedure.

you can see none of them are 'Tax'.

thanks

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

JMOP is not used in sales. It is in Tax procedure which will be used in MM.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Apologies for JMOP, whereas I meant JMOD.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

It is not possible to tax classification indicators for the condition types which are not having condition class as TAX.

Now tax classification indicator usage option is wiped out. Please let me know the impacts of that H-Export customer where you are using.

So, that we can think about the alternatives to meet the requirement.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I wanted to use tax class. indi. as H (export customer) for excise duty condition JEXP

I am not sure on your above comments.  When you say export customer, you were also referring to a condition type.  Where exactly you were referring ?  May be if you can explain the business process, suitable suggestion can be proposed.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regret sending late response.

I understood and corrected one mistake on part that is, for export or deemed export pricing, the condition for excise will still populate with non-zero value but they will not be posted to (statistical) so irrespective of customer tax classification with any form (H or I) , i will have to let it populate values.

BUT my main query still remains. I am using standard conditions JEXP, JCEP for excise duties. These condition's class is 'A -Discount or Surcharge'. Should not this be 'D-Taxes'? In fact no excise duty condition in V/06 with access seq defined has condition class D..is it supposed to be like that?

Also, I wanted to use tax classification indicator to define different forms issued by customer to differentiate the tax rates in sales document. Pls let me know if this is obsolete than whats the other or new way of doing it.

thanks

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

As per the knowledge most of the forms are applicable for sales tax(VAT) & central sales tax(CST) e.g: C, H, I, F, A.

Excise duties are not exempted with the above mentioned forms. Excise duties are may be exempted with procurement certificate, bill of entry from SEZ or disclaimer certificate. For these kind of senarios directly maintian excise duty condition types a zero with specific to that customer & material.

Then coming to your query, excise duty condition types are having condition class as A-Discount or surcharge yes it is applicable from tax procedure TAXINN. D-Taxes is applicable for VAT/CST/SERVICE tax not required for excise duties. For the condition types which are having condtion class as D system picks the G/L from  T.Code:OB40 but for excise duty condition types system picks G/L from VKOA settings.

You can configure indicators as many as you require for VAT/CST/SERVICE tax condition types in T.Code OVK3.

Hope it's clear now.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Thanks for replying, even I found all Excise condition in standard with class A. But doing this will make it clubbed to Net amount in SD document. All reports in SD will show net value inclusive of excise duties. (though in Finance we will post it to different account). this is not acceptable to Finance team.

thats the reason I am reconfirming if it should have class D or A.

thanks

Mandar

0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Tell them this is sap standard, If they want in reports to be displayed separately then ask them go for a custom development.

If you mark those conditions as D-Tax then the values will not be posted into netvalue. But all VAT/CST/Excise duties will clubbed into Tax field only.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.