Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while reprocessing Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting an error 'The material number for item 000001 could not be identified' while reprocessing an Idoc of basic type ORDERS05 in transaction WE19 using Standard Inbound option. But when I execute the Inbound function module 'IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS' with option 'In foreground after error' there is no error. Please could someone help why I am getting error when using 'Standard inbound' option and no error while using option 'In foreground after error' option.

Many thanks,

Jenny

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try option -"Inbound function module " in Background and check.

or

"Inbound function module " in Background with Call in Debug mode by providing FM .

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your reply. Yes while debuging "Inbound function module " in Background by providing FM, I was able to sucessfully process the idoc and see there are some information messages popping up and after pressing enter I could create the order. Is this the problem why I could not create the order while using standard inbound option and through debug I am able.

But wondering how the idoc is processed successfully with option  Inbound function module 'IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS' with option 'In foreground after error'. In this option I am not entering anything other than debugging and its creating the order.

Thanks & Regards,

Jenny

former_member191434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

You need to create customer material info record in your system (CMIR) using transaction VD51 to map the customer material number to your material number.

Inbound function module implementation is such a way that it looks for the table KDMAT to find the corresponding SAP material number for the customer material number.

let me know if you are still facing any issues with this.

Regards

Saifur Rahaman

0 Kudos

Hi Saifur,

I assume all these details are there since the Std Order is created with the Idoc when I use the 'Inbound Function module' with option in Foreground and there is no error.  But I am getting an error 'The material number for item 000061 could not be identified' while using 'Standard Inbound'. I am wondring why the  Idoc is providing two different results.

Whenever I use option 'Inbound Function module' with option in Foreground there is no error and always error while using 'Standard Inbound'. Please could someone help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jenny

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Solved by myself by writing the required logic in include ZXVEDU03.

Thanks all for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Jenny