cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist reference resolve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want a user with write authorization on phase level to resolve checklist reference(Creating checklist from checklist template added under phase) under the same phase. As in standard it requires admin authorization of superior element to create child element. i.e. At phase user must have admin authorization to create checklist / resolve checklist reference.  So is there any authorization object or BADI available to fulfill this need ?

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help into this ?

Regards,

Alex

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I would prefer other way to fulfill the functionality.

There is a static method CL_DPR_AUTHORIZATION_SERVICES~ACTIVATE_CHECK, which allow you switch on and switch off the authorization check.  The idea is to  switch off the authorization before the action is done, and switch on the check after the action is done.   Surely you can put some own check before the switch off (e.g. the user need at least the Write).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for quick response. We saw this method it will switch off the authorization i.e. We need to call it before button clicked resolve reference and do the necessary check, Afterwards when it get's resolved we need to recall this method to switch it on. If there is any gap in our understanding please put some more light on it. Any working example would be cherry on the cake.

Regards,

Alex

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

you understsood it correctly.

Let me known, if you face problem.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

After analyzing it further it was found out that we have to create implicit enhancement at multiple places and hitting DB again. So we have decided to drop it. Thanks for the Help.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump!

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

all available BAdIs for for PPM can you find in note 1417134 (excel-file), but I could not find a suitable BAdI to influence the authorization check.
You may enhance the following coding CL_DPR_UI_SERVICES, method GET_AUTHORIZATION_FOR_USER (using an exit).

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Yes we have seen both the excel sheets attached with note 1417134, but there isn't seems to be any for our requirement. Now your given method helps in determining the authorizations for user. However, we don't find any exit which is called after/before this method .

Even if we go for an implicit enhancement the IV_GUID in import parameter is of 'Path to root object' so unable to derive whether it is checklist reference or other element.

Regards,

Alex

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

you can use a pre- or post-exit in the method GET_AUTHORIZATION_FOR_USER (class
CL_DPR_UI_SERVICES).
Before calling the method GET_AUTHORIZATION_FOR_USER the following 2 methods are called,
where a check on the object-type is done in a loop:
CL_DPR_UI_LOG_TREE, method GET_NEXT_LEVEL
CL_DPR_UI_LOG_TREE, method GET_TREE_DATA

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Judith now when this method is called we are not able to identify the checklist reference which is called for resolve.

e.g. Let's say checklist reference under Phase A has been click for the resolve but this methods are also showing checklist reference which is not under Phase A so it becomes difficult to allow authorization for the same.

In addition to that this methods are called on loading of project screen as well as when opening any project element.Which may impact performance in future. We are looking for something that may occur when checklist reference resolve button is clicked.

Regards,

Alex