Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Classification details like class name class value during Equipment save using IE01

former_member652338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have found many SDN threads before posting this query, but unfortunately I could not find any.

My requirements are:-

1) I am creating a new Equipment using IE01. At the time of save, I need to capture all the relevant information of Equipment and primarily the Class attributes like Class type, Class Name and its corresponding values.

I have tried the User exit IEQM0003 which gets triggered during Equipment save. But I could not find the values class type, class values etc in the user exit.

Can you please suggest me any BADI/User Exit, which will have the class type, class values etc at run time during Equipment save?

2) Also i see that for new equipment, I see that the user exit IEQM0003 does not have any equipment number being generated. So can u help me in providing any user exit which gives the Equipment number during the time of its save?

I have tried lots from my end but could not find it. So please help me out.

6 REPLIES 6

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See these 2 FMs

ALM_ME_CLASS_CHAR_GETDETAIL

BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is how can i use the above FMs during the creation of Equipment?

at the time of creation i still wont have the equipment number with me to pass in the above FMs right.

Please help

former_member191434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tousif,

Let me explain you step by step how you can capture values of your 2 requirements.

1st you need the switch on update debugging for your system before saving any equipment number what you are going to create.

Now : Requirment 1 :

You can capture all the relevant information of Equipment and primarily the Class attributes like Class type, Class Name and its corresponding values from the following section

SAPLCLVF / LCLVFU01

FUNCTION / CLVF_VB_INSERT_CLASSIFICATION

In the above function module the internal table  AUSPTAB &  KSSKTAB holds the necessary details

Now : Requirment 2 :

The equipment number you may get from -

SAPLITOBS / LITOBSU19

FUNCTION  / ITOB_CALL_BADI

In the above function module the structure I_ITOB_REC holds the necessary details .

Thanks & Regards

Saifur Rahaman

0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

Thanks for the detailed reply. But my problem is still unsolved.

The main problem is, how can capture those class attributes and Equipment number during the saving of Equipment from IE01 because I have kept break point at User exit IEQM0003 and also at the places you have mentioned. I see that the above function modules which you have given are not getting triggered.

Please help

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use this  FM : CLFM_ET_INTERNAL_TABLES

to read all classification data from the buffer.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

If nothing works, create an implicit enhancement at the end of IE01 program and write your logic there.

At that point, equipment number will be available to you.

Do not forget to include your logic under the below condition.

IF SY-TCODE = 'IE01'.

*your logic here

ENDIF.

Cheers!