cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Call

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 1000 maintenance plans, all having different cycles i.e, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month etc, Now i have a situation where i Need to convert all the schedule plans to a order manually, i.e, 1000 maintenance plans to 1000 PM work orders all on same date (Today), My Question is, Is there an option for Mass Manual Calls in SAP, If Yes please give a detailed steps of the same? Or if you have any other suggestion please give me, It will be very helpful,

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Surendra Sowdanoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

As suggested above LSMW is the correct way but sometimes it's not easy to get a LSMW running in production system without jumping through lots of hoops. So an alternative which will take a little longer to run is to use Script Recording provided it is enabled in your production SAP system – please see link below for the dummies guide to Script Recording and Playback.

I have used this to change values in a field where the field is not available as part of mass update but I haven't checked it for clicking on a button as you will do to generate a manual call - you can give it a go. Create an Excel file with the maintenance plan numbers for which you want to do a manual call and then have the VB script code setup as shown in the dummies guide. The program will loop through your recording for each maintenance plan.

Note: test it in your sandbox first.

Cheers,

Khayyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surendra,

I hope you know there is a manual call button in IP10. I feel, you can use LSMW by recording method to trigger calls from all plans through this.

KJogeswaraRao

0 Kudos

Hello Jogeshwara Sir,

Thank you for giving your valuable time and answering my question, I want to know is there any document from which i can learn how to do mass data input using LSMW.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surendra,

The following is the most liked/viewed tutorial on the subject.

You can find several others too like

and other parts.

This is a very useful pdf on the subject:

http://www.verity-sol.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/LSMW-STEP-BY-STEP-RECORD.pdf

KJogeswaraRao